Student Office Assistant
The Office Assistant in the Office of the President assists with routine office duties. Answers phones and greets visitors, organizes office materials and files, and assists with events and programs.
Essential Job Functions:
General office duties such as:
- Greets visitors and provides information
- Answers basic general questions and route visitor to the appropriate department
- Answers phones and routes calls
- Sorts and delivers mail/packages throughout the office
- Accurately files paperwork, makes copies, and compiles documents
- Assists Payroll with bi-weekly vendor payments, document review, email reminders, and filing
- Assists Property with tagging of assets, property transfers, and filing
- Small assigned projects as needed
Additional Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent.
One year of related work experience.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
Ability to exercise good judgement.
Ability to multi task and work under pressure.
Ability to meet deadlines for work assignments.
Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals of varied ages, abilities, racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume department.
Ability to represent the university in a positive and professional manner.
Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.