Financial Aid Officer (Two Positions)
Job Posting Title Financial Aid Officer (Two Positions) Location Los Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College) Department Location Financial Aid Office Posting Number C01539P The Institution
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College ( SCC ) is a multi-campus, urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park. The College has two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center, and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ) and an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI ).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State University system. The College offers Career Education certificates and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue their education at a four-year college or university, and instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values excellence in academic achievement, and supports the success of students as they pursue their dreams. Position Summary
Under direction of assigned administrator, administers federal and state student financial assistance including: grants, loans, scholarships, Federal Work-Study, and consortium agreements. Conducts entrance and exit loan advising sessions. Employs extensive knowledge and understanding of financial aid programs and regulations. Operates a number of computer application software packages including those designed specifically for processing financial aid. Acts as lead to Financial Aid Office staff. Benefits
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details.) Assignment Responsibilities
Maintains awareness of current trends and legislative activity having financial aid impact; interprets and implements federal rules and regulations required for student aid; and identifies and allocates available resources. Conducts individual and group entrance and exit loan counseling sessions and informational workshops. Explains financial aid policies, procedures and regulations to enrolled and prospective students; and conducts interviews and advises students seeking financial aid. Assesses students’ and prospective students’ financial needs; performs needs analyses, using College Scholarship Service or other applicable system; enters selection criteria into the financial aid computer system; determines students’ eligibility for financial aid; reviews and completes Stafford Student Loan applications; processes student applications using a computerized financial aid system; and coordinates and packages financial aid for applicants. Reviews and determines student eligibility for appeals, consortium requests, special circumstances, and dependency override requests. Conducts review of aid packages for satisfactory progress for continued eligibility; and monitors compliance with financial award conditions. Conducts individual advising sessions regarding debt management. Administers federal and state student assistance grants, scholarships, and consortium agreements; and completes Bureau of Indian Affairs applications. Operates a variety of internal systems including student administration software, document imaging, and Microsoft Office applications; and operates a variety of financial aid related computer programs including EDConnect, National Student Loan Data System, Return of Title Four program, Webgrants, and PCFAPS . Maintains record keeping and data management systems; analyzes data; and creates and generates reports from existing database using a computerized financial aid system to determine awards. Coordinates the scholarship program with donors and recipients. Develops written materials, brochures, and flyers to publicize financial aid programs and services. Expands outreach efforts to diverse populations and supports recruitment objectives by working with Outreach Center, Admissions, and public interest agencies. Performs related duties as required. Additional Information Work Year 12 month Work Schedule
9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday Total Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
Experience: Three years of experience in a financial aid office, or performing related financial aid tasks, or in a position of equivalent responsibilities; or three years of experience in a social service agency, preferably including work with disadvantaged clients.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, psychology, social service or related fields. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for two years of the required education on a year-for-year basis.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution. Application Instructions
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (required).
3. Letter of Interest (required).
4. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not have that referenced experienced considered for minimum qualifications which may lead to the application being disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested. Physical Demands Salary $4824.23 per month. LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note
Posting Date 06/13/2021 Closing Date 07/07/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
N/A How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date. Conditions
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire. Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15732 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Financial Aid Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento