A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona
(ATSU-SOMA) seeks applications for non-exempt Standardized Patients
(SPs) to work at the Mesa, Arizona campus. A Standardized Patient
is an individual who accurately and consistently portrays a medical
patient with various affects and complaints and will participate in
simulated office visits where medical students ask medical history
questions and/or conduct basic, non-invasive physical exams. They
will work closely with various Patient Proctors who will mentor and
evaluate their performance and progress. Memorization of patient
scripts and participation in Zoom trainings may be required prior
to the scheduled encounter events.
There is no guarantee of work or hours.
Ability to repeatedly bend, twist and stretch as well as freely and
quickly move on and off an exam table without assistance and the
ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Access to and ability to use reliable technology is
- Must be highly dependable, punctual and flexible with
- Must work well with others and display a professional attitude
and appearance at all times.
- Must be willing to wear a patient gown with only undergarments
underneath, and at times the gown will be removed to allow for the
- Must be willing to be videotaped during simulations.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and will report to
the ATSU Community Health Center where hired for their SP