Financial Aid/VA Advisor (Grant-funded)
Financial Aid/VA Advisor (Grant-funded)
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Financial Aid/VA Advisor (Grant-funded) .
Advise and assist financial aid and veteran students through the entire process of applying for benefits/aid all the way through to receiving their award/benefit payments. Coordinate the state and federal work study programs and oversee the scholarship programs, both of which are district-wide responsibilities.
**This position is 100% grant-funded. Therefore, this position is contingent upon continued external funding.**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize the Banner system, including tracking, verification data input, awarding of financial aid, scholarships, loans and grants.
- Assist in advising students to develop realistic personal financial budgets as part of the preparation of the financial aid application process.
- Advise financial aid and veteran students on the application process, including deadlines, degree choices, maintaining satisfactory academic progress and other eligibility requirements, understanding federal, state and Collin rules and regulations. Troubleshoot issues in accordance with federal, state and institutional rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the state and federal work study programs for the district. Work with Human Resources, Payroll, and the hiring supervisors to ensure compliance with all program requirements. Gather and report information about the work study program to the District Director.
- Advise students on their academic progress and status as a financial aid recipient.
- Supervise the financial aid work study and student assistants at Plano Campus. Post positions, interview, and hire the financial aid work study students for the Plano Campus. Manage training, professional development and disciplinary issues for the work study and student assistants.
- Conduct financial aid workshops when needed with high school students, counselors and families of prospective students.
- May move data files and monitor processes to ensure electronic programs are running correctly.
- May check and answer emails from various sources. Send emails to students as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required and two (2) years of related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Institutional and Veteran Affairs policies and regulations
- Knowledge of computer systems and online portals including Banner, Global, FAA Access, COD, NSLDS, and ED Connect
- Critical thinking skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Customer service skills
- Presentation skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to navigate between institutional and federal student data systems
- Ability to analyze and resolve discrepancies
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $43,315.00 - 49,812.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney