Academic Advisor, Health and Human Performance
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is looking for an Academic Advisor to provide course advising, scheduling and encouragement for current and prospective undergraduate students in the Department of Health and Human Performance (HHP) to start August 1, 2021. The HHP Academic Advisor is familiar with all undergraduate programs in HHP, provides HHP faculty advisor support and understands the organization, processes and procedures within the department and University.
This position will advise, assist, and encourage students with appropriate course scheduling and in meeting the admission requirements for HHP programs and ultimately monitor students' progress for a timely graduation; provide coverage at all orientation sessions for new and transfer students; support the activities of the HHP Residential Learning Community as needed; represent the Department at Admissions Office recruitment events; speak to HHP classes and local community college classes about HHP majors and admission requirements; enter and maintain student statistical data.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of all program requirements and understands the structure, process, and procedure practices at UTC.
- Ability to recognize, support, and reinforce individual needs and learning styles using conceptual understanding, reasoning skills, and college-level or programmatic standards.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail; problem solving ability; ability to work effectively with students and faculty of all cultural backgrounds and experience levels; ability to understand and abide by federal and university guidelines regarding students.
- Knowledge and demonstration of effective use of social media and other technology tools.
Review of applications will begin on June 21, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by this date will receive priority consideration.
Minimum Qualifications : Bachelor’s degree and experience in a higher education setting.
Preferred Qualifications : Master’s degree; experience in higher education setting working with students by providing advising services and/or coordinating support services; experience with Banner and Student Success Collaborative or other student success platform; experience in areas of education, health related fields, or professional studies.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga