Criminal Justice Adjunct Instructor- WVU Keyser
West Virginia University's Potomac State College campus, located in Keyser, West Virginia, seeks qualified candidates committed to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level in the following area:
Adjunct Instructor in Criminal Justice
This position will teach at least one 3-credit hour course, starting date of August 13, 2021. This position pays $2,100 per course
Duties: Teaching responsibilities include any criminal justice related courses including but not limited to CJ 111, CJ 245, CJ 301, CJ 302, CJ 315
Service and professional growth and development are required pursuant to PSC promotion and tenure guidelines.
All qualifications must be met by time of appointment:
A minimum of a master’s degree in criminal justice from a regionally accredited college or university is required by time of appointment OR a master’s degree in a related field and 18 credit hours of criminal justice.
Successful candidates should demonstrate:
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience developing and delivering courses in a variety of modes, including online courses that ensure quality and effective assessment;
- A commitment to collegiality with peers and building a welcoming community;
- A student-centered commitment to high academic standards and service to students, including an effective and conscientious commitment to academic advising;
- A commitment to utilizing innovative teaching methodologies and systems which actively engage students in the learning process;
- Expertise developing student learning outcomes, and course and program assessments;
- A commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Expertise in online instruction is required for the online classes.
- Excellence in college teaching expertise is valued.
Complete the online application and upload (under Attachments):
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial college transcript(s)
- Contact information for three professional
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown