Reporting to the Counseling Center Director and joining an existing team of licensed psychologists, professional counselors, social workers and an APNP, this full time, 11 month position (July 1st – May 31st) will be a strong generalist clinician able to provide direct counseling/therapeutic services to Marquette and MIAD students. As this position is intended to further contribute to the diversity and richness of the MUCC team, to better understand the lived experiences of students from under represented populations, and to enhance support for the Center and the Division’s social justice commitments, the ideal candidate will demonstrate focused experience working in counseling and advocacy with at least one of the student groups from historically marginalized identities/communities (LGBTQIA+, AAPI students, BIPOC, recovery individuals, intersecting social identities), particularly in predominantly white institutions as well as students in recovery and graduate/professional school students. Additionally, this clinician will provide consultation to staff, students and families regarding clinical issues and the functioning of the Counseling Center as needed; create and participate in outreach efforts; serve in rotation of after hours crisis call; enhance liaison relationships with campus and community partners; will provide supervision for either a post doctoral fellow or an advanced level practicum trainee.Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide culturally responsive, identity-informed, time-limited professional counseling services (individual and group) for Marquette/MIAD students.
2. Provide crisis assessment and intervention; consultation; and referral services for students, faculty and staff.
3. Coordinate, develop, conduct programming and outreach for LGBTQIA+, AAPI, BIPOC, minoritized racial/cultural groups, graduate students of color, students with intersecting identities and students in recovery; develop community referral networks in the community for students who need more or specialized treatment outside scope and parameters of CC services.
4. Serve as a liaison to a residence hall, an academic college and other key departments/units on campus that focus on building an inclusive campus.
5. Select, train and supervise post doctoral fellows and/or doctoral psychology graduate students in their practicum placement at the CC.
6. Provide multi-culturally oriented and inclusive outreach and programming, at times after hours or on weekends.
7. Demonstrate willingness and/or experience working with co-workers, university partners from a wide range of abilities, backgrounds and experiences.
8. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of state and federal health care privacy laws, Title IX, VAWA, ADA, Title II, HIPAA, FERPA, and professional ethics.
9. Keeps timely, accurate, and ethical records consistent with CC policy.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate and facilitate in in-service training programs both within/outside the Counseling Center.
2. Serve on internal work groups or university/divisional committees as indicated.
3. Maintain licensure.
4. Provide after hours on-call as needed.
5. Participate in national/regional professional organizations for professional development.
6. Other responsibilities as assigned by Director.
• Masters degree or PhD in a psychology/counseling field and
experience as a generalist clinician with young adults.
• 3-5 years of experience.
• Ability to work independently and to prioritize and execute multiple tasks consistent with assigned timeline;
• Able to work in a team environment;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal with diverse constituencies;
• Strong computer competency, to include proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Access), and web-based and social media applications;
• Demonstrated attention to detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain confidentiality and meet documentation requirements.
• Seek supervision and consultation as needed.
• Group counseling skills
• Consultation and crisis management skill
• Demonstrated attention to detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Expressed commitment to and support of program objectives of anti-racism and social justice
Education/Training and Certification, Licensure, Registration
• PhD or PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology or equivalent mental health degree
• Licensed in state of WI or eligible to practice as LP in WI within 1 year of hire (reciprocity)
• Consideration will be given to candidates who have passed EPPP
• Greater than 3 years of clinical experience as licensed practitioner
• Relevant assessment/therapy experience with college students or young adults
• Ideal candidates will come to the role with the demonstrated ability to provide services that are responsive and sensitive to the needs of student populations including those that identify as LGBTQI+, APPI, students in recovery, BIPOC students and students who identify with intersecting identities, particularly in predominantly white institutions
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use culturally relevant/sensitive psychotherapy within time limited scope of practice
• University counseling center experience
• Experience providing clinical supervision to trainees
• Ability to work with high acuity students with complex mental health needs
• Telebehavioral health experience
• Electronic health record experience
It is the policy of Marquette University to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Counseling Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Health Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Milwaukee