Senior HR Partner - Systems, Analytics & HRIS
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is currently searching for a Senior HR Partner - Systems, Analytics & HRIS to join the Human Resources Department. This is a regular, full-time, exempt position, and is eligible for full benefits. The Senior HR Partner-Systems, Analytics & HRIS role is an important member of the HR management team and acts as a financial analyst partner on finance related reporting including on the executive dash-board. The position is responsible for back-end administration and optimization of HRIS systems and integration with other HR, vendor, and other institutional systems. In doing so, understands the origin of all related data and leverages strong internal data auditing and problem-solving skills to ensure data integrity in all aspects of work. This important role, understands and supports day-to-day activities throughout the HR department, utilizing multi-HR discipline experience to execute planning, implementation, administration, and communication of complex systems and projects as assigned.
These activities may include but are not limited to HR Analytics and data reporting, Systems optimization, HRIS Integration, and process improvement including workflow and procedure documentation. This includes management of assigned vendors, related vendor file management, and integration of data from various HR related sources . This position will be focused on internal HR support, programs and initiatives and may provide support/coverage in various HR disciplines during periods of vacation, leave of absences and during peak discipline specific time frames.
Partner with Finance and Accounting, by delivering accurate and detailed analytics and calculations to further accurate financial reporting. Partner successfully with internal Payroll and third-party administrators by timely updating of files and communications. As an integrated member of the HR team, work collaboratively with members of the HR team, including the HR management team (CHRO, Assistant Director-HR Operations and Talent, Assistant Director-Benefits, and Assistant Director-Compensation and Performance Management), to contribute to and promote a highly collaborative environment within the department to support the department and Institution. Mentor other HR members based on senior level experience and role.
Routine work will include management of and interfacing with IS systems for data entry, files, and reporting. Together with HR team members ensure work is performed efficiently with high quality results and that programs are delivered with exceptional customer service for our employees, affiliates, and vendors. Important focus is integrating broad understanding of all HR disciplines with an understanding of the strategic plans of the department and ensuring timely and accurate execution of all related compliance and day-to-day activities; including but not limited to ERISA, ACA, IRS regulations and other legislative rules that impact benefits and HR. Special attention is given to process improvement to contribute to the planning of cost-effective, market-competitive employment programs and benefits consistent with the Institution’s overall strategic plan and objectives to meet fiduciary responsibilities. Incorporating HR best practices is essential when documenting procedures to ensure consistent application of process to facilitate training, and compliance.Essential Functions
Systems: leverage back-end capabilities of systems to optimize HR deliverables
- Manage the evaluation, planning, and administration of Human Resources systems, including but limited to HRIS and ATS.
- Assess effectiveness of systems in meeting overall strategic objectives and oversee the development and implementation of process improvements for HR systems.
- Respond to and resolve questions and/or concerns regarding Institution systems.
- Inform, give advice, and stay current on trends and current development in the field of HR systems.
- Manage the evaluation, planning and administration of Institution systems as assigned.
- Serve as the technology resource point-person for HR and act as liaison between the Human Resources Office and the Information Services Office.
- Coordinate testing of the HRIS system for conversion, upgrades and systematic applications that require troubleshooting HR programs and procedures.
Reporting & Analytics: function as a partner with finance planning and analytics
- Oversee and respond to all requests for HR data, including recurring and ad hoc requests and reporting, ensuring responses follow HR Data Reporting Policy guidelines.
- Oversee, prepare and/or submit timely compliance reporting required to appropriate federal and state agencies for in-house, insurance and regulatory purposes, including but not limited to EEO-1, VETS 4-212, and Affirmative Action.
- Organize and prepare reports to ensure successful annual audits for various plans, including Affirmative Action Plan, all benefit plans, and programs in conjunction with Assistant Director, HR Operations and Talent, the Assistant Director-Benefits, Payroll and Finance and Accounting.
- Develop HR related metrics and analytics (e.g. benchmarking analysis, HRIS report generation and evaluations, audits, data interpretations, statistical analysis, etc.) for Executive Dashboard reporting and provide support for standard reports on a scheduled and ad-hoc basis. This work is often complex requiring strong analytical and quantitative method skills.
- Prepare annual HR Budget submission and detailed analysis for financial forecast budget reviews 2x/year, identifying trends and analyzing impact scenarios.
- Manage third party unemployment vendor relationship. Oversee unemployment claims, review activity and process reimbursable bill payments.
HRIS Management – data-oriented activities
- Supervise and perform day-to-day activities of HR Information systems.
- Utilize internal auditing and problem-solving expertise to regularly analyze data as well as leverage back-end IS system knowledge to ensure data integrity.
- Develop strategies to assure data integrity through consistent monitoring, testing, and auditing and develop quality control of key cost metrics.
- Collaborate with Information Systems to update and improve systems and processes.
- Ensures system compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting and guidance to HR Team members.
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative learning environment through teamwork, mentorship, and staff development.
- Participate in development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and-long-range planning; develop and implement projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Promote existing and new systems and/or policies.
- Inform supervisor of developments and trends that presently or potentially impact areas of responsibility.
- Develop, design, update and/or present various communications as assigned internally and externally.
- Extended work hours, including working from home via VPN is required from time to time on weekends and evenings to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned, which requires being highly skilled and adaptive in all department disciplines to serve as secondary support to HR team during planned or unplanned absences, projects or at other times deemed necessary by HR Leadership.
- Supervise HRIS Coordinator/Partner
- Work on projects and other duties as assigned.
- College degree and minimum of 10+ years of progressive responsibility and related experience to include administering and managing complex HRIS systems, leading projects, and data analytics.
- Must be highly technically savvy, computer systems literate and possess strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Advanced MS Excel functions and Project Management disciplines is required.
- Attention to detail is critical together with flexibility in work habits to respond to urgent requests.
- Internal auditing practices must be highly developed.
- Must be known as a pro-active, resourceful individual who takes initiative with little direction and successfully contributes to a team environment.
- Must be team-oriented, agile, and effectively prioritize work, work efficiently under pressure, successfully handle sensitive situations with a high level of professionalism, and manage multiple duties simultaneously.
- The incumbent is expected to have a broad foundation in advanced human resource disciplines and in-depth knowledge of HR programs. Functions at the center of all HR data activities involving Talent, Benefits, and Compensation. Works closely with IS, Payroll, DEI, and Finance partners.
- Must exhibit effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must readily display diplomacy and effective cross-cultural communication skills; sensitivity to the needs of a cross-cultural population.
- Master’s degree and/or HR Certification, similar work in a higher ed/academic setting very beneficial
- PHR, SPHR, HRIS, CCP, CBP, PMP certifications
The physical requirements for this position are mostly sedentary, with occasional standing & walking, and repetitive motions. Occupational requirements include ability to distinguish basic colors, hearing, talking, working around others, working with others, and working alone. Prolonged work hours related to deadlines and initiatives can be expected.