Student Affairs Coordinator, Full Time MBA (PRN26490B)
The University of Utah Full-Time MBA (FTMBA) Student Affairs Coordinator supports the Student Services Manager in day-to-day operations, events, faculty support, and academic advising at the David Eccles School of Business. This position requires extensive interaction with prospective and current students, alumni, faculty, vendors, and other University staff. Must have strong communication, time management skills, and a passion to benefit the MBA student experience.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN26490B - 00033 - Executive Education
COMPENSATION: $15.19 to $24/hour
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, Monday – Friday
Note: In rare cases, evening or weekend support may be required for a student event. Maybe once per month at most.
- Serve as a resource for MBA students to provide information and strategic guidance on all degree and certificate-related issues such as graduation requirements and exceptions, course planning, and registration
- Work with students to ensure ongoing satisfaction with program and successful progress to degree completion
- Serve as a resource to MBA students to answer questions and advise on issues associated with all components of the program
- Utilize online tools such as Degree Audit Reporting System to monitor and assist students with timely academic progress, exploration of various academic options, and course selection and registration
- Participate in recruitment/admissions, retention, and student engagement activities
- Collaborate with academic units and student services departments throughout the university to facilitate comprehensive student support
- Assist with new programs, events, and other projects as needed
Academic Course Management and Event Support
- Plan, implement, and ensure quality of Full-Time MBA class days by communicating with and making appropriate arrangements for the faculty, as well as arranging logistics for the students.
- Assist faculty with the setup of their Canvas courses, arrange for TA support, and overall course support throughout the semester
- Assist with planning and executing MBA events as required, for example: student and alumni networking events, graduation, and prospective student events.
- Responsible for reconciling payments and billing to appropriate accounts
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of events including details about candidates or students and suggestions for improvement for future events.
Recruiting & Admissions
- Assist with recruiting and admissions event preparation and execution as needed. This includes significant interpersonal communication to discuss program details with prospective students over the phone, via email, and in-person
***This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Use office equipment including a desktop computer
Lift up to 20 pounds
Communicate to perform essential duties
Work both independently and within a complex structured team
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree or equivalency in a related area and a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service and effective communication skills required. Strong coordination and organizational skills required to prioritize conflicting deadlines. Ability to work independently, analyze, and make decisions to provide support to internal and external customers.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years previous experience in one or more of the following: advising, student recruitment/retention or related student services utilizing a proactive and innovative approach which results in demonstrated outcomes in retention, graduation, and academic planning; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience working with graduate college level academic advising
- Demonstrated knowledge of current issues and theories in public and higher education, college academic advising, student recruitment, retention, and student success
- Experience with the Microsoft Office applications, data retrieval, student information systems, and student degree auditing reports
- Experience in designing presentation materials and delivering presentations
- Experience in organizing/planning special events
- Experience of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in offering a high level, fast-paced customer service in a student services environment that prioritizes the success of a student in their approach to academic advising
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/117595
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Salt Lake City