The Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, is searching for a researcher who can interface with the bench aspects of the research program related to the various grant projects. Technical skills in the laboratory is essential. The post doc will work on biomarkers for colon cancer, myokine work, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). Aside from basic biological and research related insights and data analytic skills, expertise or ability to learn rapidly techniques including RT-PCR, cell culture, Western blot, and immunohistochemistry. Primary responsibilities include but not limited to analyzing lab data (ie myokine, cell culture, SA1, PDL1, arsenic work, EGFR, cancer research). The candidate will be working in a collaborative environment with Dr. Roy and the lab group.
- Works with the PI, Dr. Hemant Roy, for hypothesis development and experimental design.
- Performs relevant literature review relating to the laboratory's goals.
- Assists the PI with data or information for grant and manuscript submissions.
- Independently performs bench experiments related to Dr. Roy's goals for the research program.
- Collaborates with PI and research staff in the preparation of peer-reviewed journal articles, reports and abstract submissions and poster presentations.
- Data analysis.
- Collaborates with team to accomplish scientific goals using knowledge, creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems Initiate and participate in the design, execution and evaluation of innovative experimental protocols using cells, arrays, tissues and animal models Independently conduct a variety of experiments using a variety of novel techniques and equipment.
- Assists the PI with publications' experimental design, and scientific approaches.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No Experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston