Part-Time Specialist III, Digital Marketing
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Houston North Greenspoint
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
LSC-Houston North Greenspoint is a state-of-the-art, full-service location designed to serve the greater Greenspoint area. Its proximity to local businesses and public transportation has created a location ideal for working and non-traditional students. The facility offers a selection of day, evening and weekend credit courses, including university-transfer courses, certificates, computer/office skills, and developmental studies.
The location address is 250 N. Sam Houston Pkwy E., Houston, TX 77060.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Part-Time Specialist III, Digital Media supports other staff by performing task oriented duties while providing clerical, analytical, administrative, and/or operational support under general supervision. This position is responsible for ensuring the college's website, social media presence, and digital marketing campaigns are visually compelling, engaging, and effective with target audiences. The ideal candidate has proven experience in a wide range of digital areas including writing for the web, SEO, Google analytics, digital marketing strategy, social media and content marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the website including updating content
- Researches and applies new trends to enhance the user experience and increase engagement on social media and mobile app
- Works collaboratively across the college to implement new storytelling strategies on the website and through social media
- Creates dashboards that highlight key data, trends, and opportunities
- Writes, edits, and publishes engaging and audience-focused content for the college's website and social media platforms
- Creates digital graphics such as banners, custom images, icons, ads, and photos for daily social media content, the college website, and campaigns
- Assists in the Implementation of social media contests to increase engagement
- Monitors the college's online reputation and conversations across social media platforms and consult with the Executive Director of Public Relations and Marketing Communications as needed to respond in a timely and appropriate manner
- Attend school events, take photos, and post timely content on social media and the website
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- This position requires attention to details and basic knowledge of the general office use of computers and software applications.
- Requires a working knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
- Experience in and knowledge website analytics tools (Google Analytics), and Google Adwords
- Experience with website usability, responsive (mobile), email engagement, and social media strategy
- Strong writing, editing, project management, and communication skills
- Experience creating email campaigns and e-newsletters
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with PC platform in programs such as Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Experience with social media
- Associate’s degree
- Experience with Photoshop and Adobe software programs
- Experience in a public relations and marketing communications environment
Hourly Pay Rate is $13.19
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.