Coordinator III, Outreach & Communications
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Coordinator I, Outreach and Communications provides oversight and facilitation of day-to-day and some long-term operations within the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), playing a strong role in leading and planning, development, evaluation and improvement of outreach and communication. Serves as a representative and liaison of the Office of DEI through means of written, print, and digital media. Through these communication methods, assists in the promotional efforts internally and externally to promote awareness of department projects and publications. Assigned area and responsibilities will be extensive and/or highly specialized.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Write communication including, but not limited to, publications that are distributed to the LSC community, print and online newsletters, and the department's mass email distribution
- Maintain the department's website, making sure it is updated with the most recent information
- Act as social media coordinator to promote the department's presence online
- Performs research relevant to diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives including best practices andprofessional development in DEI topics; Develops presentations to internal/external constituents (may include LSCS Managers/Executives, community members, and/or outside groups andorganizations)
- Creates methods of evaluation of equity and inclusion initiatives; analyzes results and makes recommendations for revisions to objectives and strategies with a focus on continuous program improvement; takes part in developing new programs
- Enters, tracks and maintains a variety of data, including documents, spreadsheets and databases
- Coordinates and manages department’s calendars both internally and externally;plans, schedules and coordinates various meetings/seminars/events, including site selection and preparation, marketing and training materials, and general support
- Monitors and controls resources such as office supplies and equipment needed within the department. Submits requisitions, and reviews and approves/denies purchase requests in accordance with the budget
- May be responsible for ensuring and maintaining compliance with local/state/federal compliance of processes and documentation within Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Manages or assists with management of the department budget
- Takes part in and/or leads special projects as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent knowledge of general office and software applications.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with the ability to prioritize duties.
- High level of customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Experience in editing, social media, and e-communications.
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE & CONDITIONS:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with graphic design and/or video production
Hiring salary range is $46,300 - $ 53,245
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah