Limited Term Faculty (Communication Sciences & DIsorders)
The Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders in the Dewar College of Education & Human Services seeks applicants for a non-tenure track faculty position beginning August 1, 2021, and ending May 9, 2022. This is a non-tenure track position and rank is dependent upon credentials. The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in the candidate’s area of expertise and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels.
This vibrant department offers the B.S. Ed. Degree with a major in Communication Disorders, the M.Ed. Degree with a Major in Communication Disorders (accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association), and the SLPD, Doctor of Speech-Language Pathology in Communication Sciences and Disorders. The department is home to the Valdosta Speech and Hearing clinic that serves as a training facility for students and provides state-of-the-art treatment and evaluation to individuals of all ages in our region. In addition, the program partners with the Scottish Rite Foundation of Georgia to support and administer the RiteCare Center for Communication Disorders where students work alongside faculty to provide dyslexia screenings and to help school children improve their communication skills. Finally, the department houses a grant that supports the delivery of services through Babies Can’t Wait, Georgia’s statewide interagency service delivery system for infants and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities and their families.
For more information contact Dr. Karla Hull, Interim Dean, via email email@example.com.
Teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses in communication sciences and disorders, providing clinical supervision, and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels.
- Master’s degree in the field of speech-language pathology;
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from ASHA for minimum of 3 years;
- Be eligible for GA state licensure in speech-language pathology;
- Three years of service in public schools, healthcare, or teaching at the university level;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Expertise in normal language acquisition, phonological disorders and/or single-subject research design;
- A record of effective teaching appropriate to the applicant’s career stage;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting;
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds.
Valdosta State University, founded in 1906, is a regional comprehensive university with a student enrollment of approximately 12,500. The city of Valdosta is located just north of the Florida state line on Interstate 75, is served by a regional airport, and is within a two-hour drive of Jacksonville and Tallahassee, Florida. For more information, visit https://www.valdosta.edu and for more information about the community visit http://www.valdostachamber.com.
Online application is required. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Valdosta State University is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to, minorities, and individuals with disabilities. Valdosta State University has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Communications Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Other Communications Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Speech & Rhetoric Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta