Executive Administrative Associate
Vacancy Number: S-00746 Position Title: Executive Administrative Associate Classification Title: Executive Administrative Associate Department: Office of the Provost Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate Provost’s calendar of all meetings/events; proficiently manage the scheduling of meetings via various platforms such a Zoom, Google, and other virtual settings; field telephone inquiries from a wide range of constituents and outside organizations
• Organize and facilitate special events (i.e. Honors Day and Tenure and Promotion Celebration); schedule and coordinate dates and times, attendance, and agendas. Take minutes and provide administrative support and follow-up on matters arising from meetings. Provide appropriate information and or updates to Provost for each meeting
• Compose and edit final responses on Provost’s correspondence, including letters, drafts, memos, email messages, data entry, reports and other documents as required; prepare records such as agendas, letters, notices, minutes and resolutions for meetings called by the Provost, and provide follow-up on matters arising from various stakeholders.
• Research prioritize, and follow up on issues and concerns addressed to the Provost, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
• Prioritize external and internal correspondence for the Provost; review all paperwork submitted by colleges for signature before requesting the signature of the Provost while checking the documents for completeness and accuracy with the highest attention to detail.
• Serve as a liaison between the Provost and other University administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the various constituents served by the University by communicating and/or interpreting policy, decisions, and documents issued by the University.
• Manage the Office of the Provost email accounts; review and draft responses to incoming correspondence via email; monitor email correspondence daily to determine priority for appropriate action by the Provost and initiates responses for Provost or brief Provost for needed response.
• Coordinate and prepare travel arrangements and itineraries, and process travel reimbursements. Assemble travel arrangements and assist with the preparation of expense reports for travel reimbursements.
• Maintain records management of a complex filing system by overseeing the filing system, create files and records as necessary using judgment and knowledge of office requirements, update files and records, determine retention and purge schedule, and retrieve files and documents as needed; maintain personnel records for all faculty, adjunct faculty, and staff who report under the Office of the Provost; organize and maintain the Provost’s personal filing system;
• Coordinate with the Office of Human Resources to ensure compliance with policies and procedures related to hiring full-time and temporary academic positions; verify personnel forms and EPAF’s for all University faculty and adjunct faculty and staff who report under the Office of the Provost; maintain confidential personnel records for faculty and staff (e.g., faculty credentials)
• Assist with faculty credentialing verification process; collect and maintain copies of transcripts for new faculty and adjuncts; collect, file, and upload to Xtender original transcripts for teaching faculty and staff
• Oversee and monitor budget, account and expenditures associated with the Office of the Provost; prepares and processes expense reports, p-card transactions, purchase requisitions, and vendor vouchers; ensure invoices are paid and processed in a timely manner
• Assist with budgetary approvals and requests for offices reporting to the Provost; route all grants, contracts, and other agreements requiring the signature of the Provost; initiate financial processes such as budget transfers, department error correction forms, collection reports, professional service contracts, purchase requisitions,
• Maintain summaries of budgets, accounts, reconcile accounts, and respond to inquiries regarding departmental accounts (i.e. Faculty Travel Fund). Perform special analyses and project summaries.
• Assist in the documentation and maintenance of academic policies; collect all new policies and procedures and keep them in a central location and updated on SharePoint
• Provide administrative support as needed to all staff in the Office of the Provost and to other offices associated with the Office of the Provost
• Review Kronos for accuracy and correct missed punches, submit leave for staff when the submittal deadline has passed; manage monthly and bi-weekly payroll, including preparation of recap sheets and verification of Labor Distribution Reports and Lost Time Reports.
• Safeguard the confidentiality of University administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students, staff and the various stakeholders served by the University and in handling administrative records, file, and similar confidential items.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong listening, writing and speaking skills
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Ability to be flexible and supportive, and to positively and proactively assimilate change
• Ability to anticipate the needs of assigned principals, use discretion, and sound judgment in independent decision-making.
• Initiative and judgement to independently problem-solve and prioritize work.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as a good understanding of internal relationships and workflow.
• Willingness to embrace new processes and ability to research and resolve policy or procedural problems.
• Efficiency in handling digital and actual paperwork;
• Utilize software programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Qualtrics, Banner, Kronos, Adobe Acrobat, Doodle, SharePoint, School Dude, and Track-It
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with others in administrative offices across campus.
Associate’s degree in Office Management, Office Administration, or related field and experience equivalent to five (5) years or hold a bachelor’s degree and experience equivalent to three (3) years as an office manager or executive assistant or performing similar work
Job Open Date: 06/10/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 105 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
If this posting contains open-ended supplemental questions, please provide thorough responses. Statements such as “see resume” and other incomplete responses will not be considered.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4786 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have an associate’s degree in Office Management, Office
Administration, or related field and experience equivalent to five
(5) years or have a bachelor’s degree and experience equivalent to
three (3) years as an office manager or executive assistant or
performing similar work?
- Please describe your related experience in detail and provide
the job titles of the positions in which you obtained it. If you do
not have related experience, please enter 'N/A'
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Faculty Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery