Dean's Office Assistant
The University of Colorado Boulder's Leeds School of Business encourages applications for an Office Assistant to the Dean ! The Dean’s Office Assistant is an integral part of the Dean's Office Professional Staff, working directly with the Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) to the Dean to support the Dean. The Office of the Dean offers an engaging, sophisticated, fast-paced, ambitious, and dynamic environment. This is a full-time position with traditional working hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday, though some evening and weekend hours may be required. This position works in the Dean’s Suite Lobby and is consistently in-person in the Lobby during traditional working hours to ensure the office is open and accessible.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Located at one of the top-ranked research universities in the country, the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado at Boulder combines innovative teaching and groundbreaking research in a diverse academic environment. Additional information about the Leeds School is available at leeds.colorado.edu.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Professional Leadership of Leeds Reception Operations
This position is the primary point of welcome for the Dean's Suite. Responsible for greeting all visitors (including faculty, staff, students) and answering phone calls during normal business hours, M-F, 8am-5pm, with a welcoming and helpful demeanor. Also responsible for securing the Dean's Suite (unlocking/locking doors).
Secondary responsibility for the oversight and management of operations of the two Leeds Welcome Desks in conjunction with the primary manager, the Leeds Experience Program Manager.
Professional Support for the Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) to the Dean
- Provide professional and competent support to the SEA to the Dean as needed.
- Be proactive to ensure the Dean’s daily schedule is accurate, manageable and allows the Dean time to handle other priorities. Work closely with the SEA to ensure the Dean’s priorities are properly managed with the needs of the school and Advancement.
- In the absence of the SEA, providing the Dean with equivalent on demand support.
- In conjunction with the SEA, ensure the Dean is prepared for all her engagements and all briefing information is available in a timely manner.
- Anticipate needs of the Dean and the SEA to ensure they have required materials and support throughout each day. Be forward looking to anticipate meeting needs and materials before they are requested.
- Professionally connect with executives, board members, investors, colleagues, faculty, staff and campus administrators via phone and email.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of the Dean's calendar and managing sophisticated calendaring requests.
- Manage and execute numerous professional support services for the Office of the Dean, which span from routine matters to crucial project implementations. This includes travel booking, submitting expense reports, and event support as needed.
- Facilitate and resolve sophisticated Dean's Office administrative issues and problems brought to the Dean's Office in consultation with appropriate senior staff/administrators, as necessary.
- Deploy competent knowledge of budgeting, procurement, and personnel procedures ensuring adherence with university policies and procedures.
- Anticipate, interpret, and respond to a variety of issues with minimum direction and the highest level of discretion and judgment.
- Execute superior multi-tasking skills and project management skills, while maintaining a professional calm and composed demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate on committees as needed for the betterment of Leeds and the campus community, including assistance with the Emergency Preparedness Initiative.
What You Should Know
This role is full-time with working hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m Monday through Friday and is required to be on site in the Dean’s Suite Lobby. This position will be in-person in the Lobby during traditional working hours to ensure the office is open and accessible.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $43,000 - $50,000 annually. Relocation assistance is available within department guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Driven. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year of professional work experience in an executive office setting, ideally providing direct support to high level administrators of an organization.
What You Will Need
- Ability to set a professional and welcoming tone for all who interact with the Dean's Office.
- Ability to prioritize a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, analytical ability, judgment, and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter with experience working successfully in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to provide high quality, flexible, customer service, ability to learn and respond quickly, and an ability to represent the Leeds School of Business in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated experience in successful project and/or program management, including demonstrated ability to handle sophisticated management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to function at a high level in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple partners (including faculty), with the ability to prioritize, delegate, and clearly communicate expectations.
- Experience working with college students and their parents.
- Ability to learn and respond quickly to situations that arise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with diverse internal and external constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize information in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated excellent grammar, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent administrative, problem solving and project management skills.
- Demonstrated capabilities using MS Office Suite, including word processing and basic spreadsheet applications.
- Able to be proactive, take initiative, and work both independently and as a standout colleague anticipating needs for information and support.
- Organized, diligent with details and a self-starter.
- Professional demeanor and ability to be discrete at all times.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks using excellent organizational skills and proficiency in prioritizing assignments to complete work accurately and in a timely manner.
- Promotes creating an inclusive environment to reflect our values and vision at Leeds.
- Maintain confidentiality and use discretion when handling sensitive information.
- Requires a highly motivated individual with integrity, tact, discretion, a proven track record, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office.
What We Would Like You To Have
- 3+ years of experience in an executive office setting, ideally providing direct support to high level administrators of an organization.
- 3+ years of high-level administrative support in a Higher Education setting.
- Familiarity with CU policies, procedures, and software applications.
- Ability to problem solve and effectively operate within a large, dynamic environment with experience in senior level administrative management in an academic environment.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 23, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu