Graduate Admissions Specialist (17147)
The Graduate Admissions Specialist with is the first point of contact for the School of International Services’ Graduate Enrollment Management Office. The incumbent answers all initial inquiries, conducts admissions information sessions, and represent SIS at external recruitment events as needed. The position also manages baseline admissions activities with a special focus on the university’s Customer Relations Management (CRM) systems. The Specialist also provides general administrative support to the Graduate Enrollment Management Team and supervises student workers.
- Prospective Student Support and Outreach: Serve as the initial point of contact for prospective students and their guests. Primary duties include answering inquiries via email, phone, and walk-in, conducting information sessions about SIS graduate programs, and representing SIS at recruitment fairs on- and off-campus or online as needed. Work with the Associate Director of Graduate Marketing to utilize effective channels of outreach and create appropriate messaging.
- Systems Support: Input and update prospective student records in all admissions systems with an emphasis on CRM. Working closely with the Associate Director in areas of systems and technology, process inquiry entries and imports, troubleshoot system errors for internal and external users, manage the online event registration system, attend online recruitment events, assists with online admissions processing, and support other systems work as needed.
- General Office Support and Management: Manage the graduate admissions office suite and supervise 2-4 student employees. Other responsibilities include auditing application documents, tracking inventory and ordering supplies, and shipping recruitment materials.
- Event Support: Work with the Associate Director to plan and implement in-person and online admissions events including Open Houses, Admitted Student Days, and regional receptions. Help execute all event details including promotion and marketing, invitations, RSVPs, coordination with appropriate AU event offices and SIS faculty and staff, billing, staffing, and follow-up with attendees.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Specialist A
- The position is remote until mid-August and predominantly in person in the fall semester
- This is a union-eligible position. The union-eligibility of individual position incumbents will be determined based on the incumbent’s employer of record.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in administrative/office management and student/customer service.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of CRM systems a distinct plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work with visitors, including but not limited to international and domestic government officials, prospective students and their guests
- Exceptional organizational skills; strong intercultural and interpersonal skills; attention to detail; flexibility in adjusting to changing priorities; and ability to successfully manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Advanced computer proficiency a necessity, including knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word. · Ability to take initiative, prioritize, and complete work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented office.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Background check required
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
- American University is committed to Inclusive Excellence . To apply for this position, please include information about how you have engaged with diverse groups and/or contributed to an inclusive work or community environment as part of your cover letter
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.