Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach (3886)
This position is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all phases of the NCAA Division I women’s lacrosse program. Responsible for effectively assisting in coaching a competitive women’s lacrosse program in a manner which promotes sportsmanship among student-athletes, ensuring compliance with all NCAA, Patriot League, and institutional rules and regulations. This position is responsible for assisting in coordinating practices and providing instructions to student-athletes during games. Additionally, recruiting on and off campus including the planning of clinics and attending camps. The position will assist in fundraising and establishing/maintaining good personal relationships with student-athletes, parents, staff, administrators, and the community. This position works under general supervision, and reports directly to the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach.
- Assist in the preparation of lacrosse practices and games to develop a competitive team in the Patriot League. Advise athletes in fundamentals and training procedures and supervise drills and workouts. Conducts workouts and conditioning sessions with the goals and plans of the Lacrosse program focusing on skills development to enhance the overall performance of student-athletes Assist the head lacrosse coach during the fall and spring seasons.
- Responsible for the day to day plans, operations, goals and functions of the Lacrosse office. Direct the recruiting efforts of the lacrosse program to attract quality athletes to the program. Evaluating prospective student-athletes on their athletic performances through video and in-person evaluation (high school games and tournaments). Conducting on-campus visits, organizing itineraries, as well as making phone calls, sending information through letters & e-mail, which is full-time in the fall. Maintains the safety of equipment, supplies, facilities and other aspects of the Lacrosse program.
- This position performs public relations duties for the purpose of increasing university, department and lacrosse program public awareness.
- Conducts and organizes fund-raising events such as clinics, etc. that promote community involvement to develop support for the lacrosse programs.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- This position reports directly to the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach.
- This position is responsible for the welfare of approximately 20 to 30 student-athletes.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Specialist B
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3 years of coaching experience as well as previous lacrosse-playing experience at the collegiate or professional level.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Athletics Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.