The senior accountant performs general accounting services to enter financial transactions into the general ledger system to permit the accurate and timely creation of monthly budget analysis and financial statements.
- Reconcile various accounts
- Monthly Journal entries
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of audit and Form 990 schedules
- Prepare special request financial reports
- Prepare Federal cash draws
- Administer electronic wire transfers and ACH payments
- Assist faculty, staff and students with various requests
- Other accounting tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 7+ years of related accounting experience
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Workday experience preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepare and enter journal entries in Workday for month-end close.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries related to banking activity, revenue recognition, investment activity, allocations, prepaid expenses, endowment, deferred gift, unrestricted operating, temporary restricted operating, and federal restricted, agency, and plant funds.
- Reconcile various operating accounts on a monthly basis: assist with cash and capital expenses, athletic restricted accounts, student government organizational accounts, investments, and gift accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Preparation of monthly sales tax return and assist with Form 990 schedules.
- Assistance with preparation of year-end financial audit, pension audit, single audit, government and all other audits.
- Prepare Federal cash draws for Title IV Programs (PELL, FSEOG, Direct Loan, Federal Work Study, TEACH, and Alternative Loans).
- Administer electronic bond interest payments, international wire transfers for J Term and study abroad programs, supplemental and institutional TIAA retirement contributions, 457 (b) and 457 (f) retirement plan contributions, and additions to the Vanguard Endowment Fund, and BMO annuity funds.
- Provide backup assistance to other accounting functions, as needed.
- Maintain historical accounting and finance records by filing/scanning documents.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
Application requirements: Apply online, resume, cover letter
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation,national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha