Job Summary/Basic Function
At Maryville University, we power dreams, not just degrees. Our vision is to be the innovative leader in higher education promoting a revolution in student learning that expands access and opportunities for all.
Maryville is searching for an energetic, innovative, and collaborative Hillel Manager to join its dynamic Student Life team. The successful candidate will have a passion for working collaboratively in a fast-paced, innovative, student-centered environment. The successful candidate will create and develop in partnership with students and staff, a home away from home for Jewish students. The Hillel Manager leads the work of providing a home for the expression and education about Jewish faith and culture for students, faculty, and staff as a part of campus-wide efforts to foster the growth of Maryville University into a community that reflects the diversity of our region, nation, and world. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
• Create and develop in partnership with students and staff opportunities for Jewish students to engage with one another, with faculty and staff, and with the larger Maryville and St. Louis Jewish communities.
• Provide outreach to the Jewish community in St. Louis and across the country, including area Jewish high school students and youth group participants. Share information about the Macy and Block Scholarships available for Jewish students.
• Provide education and a welcoming presence for non-Jewish students, faculty, and staff.
• Engage in collaborative work with other DEI organizations, departments, and academic areas on campus to create dialogue and engagement around topics of interest to Jewish and diverse communities (Examples may include lectures, programs, and partnerships.)
• Work in concert with Development to secure grant funds and funding from individual and family donors.
• Engage with the broader St. Louis Jewish community to create beneficial partnerships, programming, and leadership opportunities for students.
• Knowledge and experience of Jewish holidays, customs, and traditions as well as trends in Jewish programming and networking on college campuses. Familiarity with fundraising, grant writing, and stewardship. Strong knowledge of social and community networking.
• Bachelor degree
• Excellent writing and communication skills. The ability to bring students from diverse backgrounds together. Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities. Ability to work closely with funders and potential funders to foster relationships with the campus community.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: June 15, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur