Assistant Vice President, Human Resources Operations and Administration
Title: Assistant Vice President (AVP), Human Resources Operations and Administration
Division: President’s Office
Reports to: CHRO/Vice President, Human Resources
Reporting to the CHRO, the AVP will join an HR team that has been changing and transforming into a dynamic and strategic business partner. The AVP needs to be a collaborative partner that demonstrates both personal and professional integrity. S/he is transformative, collaborative, flexible and creative but can also be a hands-on problem solver with a track record of designing and delivering customer-focused services modeled on best practices. The AVP will serve as a mentor, resident expert, business partner and strategic advisor to the organization to ensure alignment of policies, processes and exceptional quality service.
The Assistant Vice President, Human Resources provides oversight of Compensation, Budget, Shared Services and the HR Welcome Center, HRIS, Civil Service Administration and Internal Communication, Employee Wellness and Employee Engagement. Responsible for operations, assessment and program enhancements that serve to increase productivity, visibility, and effectiveness of all areas of the University, the Rowan School of Osteopathic Medicine and the Cooper School of Medicine at Rowan University.
The successful candidate will bring a high level of professionalism and exceptional communication, customer service and organizational skills. The AVP is a significant leadership position. This individual will be deeply dedicated to employee well-being, and the value of people to the university mission. This individual will foster an equitable and inclusive workplace culture with a clear focus on employee engagement and a sense of belonging. This position will work closely with the CHRO, the Associate VP of Human Resources – Talent and Employee Management and the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Major responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, direction and development to HR administration and operations responsible for the front line operations and data analytics.
- Works collaboratively with the CHRO to create and deliver a transformational strategic vision for HR and to position HR as a leadership partner
- Supervise, manage and develop HR staff in support of their functions
- Collaborate with the Associate VP of Human Resources – Talent and Employee Management and the CHRO to create synergistic employee relations
- In collaboration with the CHRO, oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of the HR strategic action plan
- Directs a process of organizational planning and development that evaluates structure, job design and human capital forecasting
- Responsible for HR compliance and reporting
- Collaborates with the Director of Benefits to create an efficient and effective process for HR delivery systems and Employee Wellness Programs.
- Collaborates with the Associate VP of Human Resources – Talent and Employee Management to implement employee engagement initiatives.
- Responsible, with Director of HRIS, to provide oversight for direction of HR technology and efficiency opportunities including artificial intelligence, remote work capacities and data analytics.
- With Director of Compensation to provide leadership to compensation function and create a compensation philosophy in accordance with university mission and in compliance with NJ Equal Pay Act.
- Proactively partner across the university and provide credible guidance to university stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing informative employee communications designed to keep employees and management knowledgeable about people initiatives.
- Coordinate ongoing review, in coordination with the CHRO and Associate Vice President, for all policies, programs and practices to ensure compliance and research-based best practice programs for human capital development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- HR Generalist knowledge with expertise across all HR administrative and operational functional areas
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of delivering operational excellence including eliminating process time and improving response time
- Ability to inspire and mentor a committed HR team
- Ability to balance being progressive and innovative while being mindful of the parameters of a public institution
- Ideal candidate has a comprehensive background in public sector including labor relations and change management
- Ability to work across channels to promote strong working relationships with constituents across the system.
- Strong business acumen; drive results through strong analytics.
- Graduate degree in HR, Business or related field required
- 10+ years of demonstrated progressive leadership and HR experience
- Experience in public higher education or academic healthcare strongly preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations required
- HR certification preferred
Advertised: Jun 10 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 12 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro