Administrative Assistant, Facilities Operations
Administrative Assistant, Facilities Operations
3452 Spur 399, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experiencedAdministrative Assistant, Facilities Operations.
Provide administrative support for the Director of Facilities and others in the Facilities and Construction Department. Respond to questions, provide accurate information in a timely and courteous manner, and assist in resolving problems as needed within the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with tracking and monitoring budget areas within the division/department and assist with annual budget planning and development in coordination with the Director of Facilities and others. Research problems, provide solutions, and work with the Business Office to make the necessary adjustments.
- Initiate departmental and division purchases, follow requisition status, coordinate delivery, verify charges, release payment, and manage source documents. Coordinate the research, ordering, and inventory control of supplies and equipment, follow up on the requests and maintain relevant records.
- Use advanced word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to compose memos and correspondence. Proofread all work to ensure accuracy.
- Process time sheets, leave and travel forms, check requests, invoices, and other college forms as may be needed within the division/department.
- Sort and distribute mail. File and maintain correspondence, literature, training guides, notices, and brochures and forward relevant information to the appropriate department/person.
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings, seminars, and professional travel by coordinating all details that may be involved, utilizing college software/programs when authorized. Schedule internal and external meetings, take and type minutes, and maintain files.
- Ensure proper submission of accurate reports and other documents. Coordinate and act as central liaison for departmental reports.
- Research and prepare statistical reports related to Facilities work order, requisitions, and purchase orders, and other tasks requested by the Director of Facilities Operations.
- Assist in providing support in the absence of the Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Facilities and Construction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of related experience required.
Licenses and Certifications
Licensed notary under the State of Texas or willingness to obtain Texas notary license.
High school diploma or GED and four (4) years of administrative office experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting
- Knowledge of department/division policies, procedures and programs, as well as policies and procedures
- of outside agencies with whom the department/division interacts
- Knowledge of department/division systems
- Knowledge of department/division specific equipment and supplies
- May require knowledge of adviser menu for issuing degree audits
- Critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Research skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Creativity and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Collaboration skills
- Customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job duties and projects
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with high level professionals, co-workers, other department personnel, and outside vendors/contacts
- Ability to use advanced word processing, spreadsheets, database software, presentation software
- Ability to represent the College District in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Ability to drive to campuses as needed
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $34,309.00 - 39,455.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney