Adjunct Professor, Vocational Nursing (LVN) Program
Adjunct Professor, Vocational Nursing (LVN) Program
2550 Bending Branch Way, Collin College Technical Campus
Allen, Texas, 75013
Since offering its first classes at area high schools in 1985, Collin College has expanded to serve more than 55,000 credit and continuing education students each year. The only public college in the county, the college offers more than 100 degrees and certificates in a wide range of disciplines. Through its campuses, centers, and programs, Collin County Community College District fulfills community and industry needs and its statutory charge by providing: Academic courses in the arts and sciences to transfer to senior institutions; Programs leading to baccalaureate degrees, associate degrees or certificates, including technical programs, designed to develop marketable skills and promote economic development; Continuing adult education programs for academic, professional, occupational and cultural enhancement; Developmental education and literacy programs designed to improve the basic skills of students; A program of student support services, including counseling and learning resources designed to assist individuals in achieving their educational and career goals; Workforce, economic, and community development initiatives designed to meet local and statewide needs.
We are searching for an experienced Adjunct Professor, Vocational Nursing (LVN) Program .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses in accordance with the schedule of classes and follow the approved course descriptions and syllabi established by the Division faculty and administered by the Associate Dean/Director.
- Perform duties and maintain all standards in accordance with the course syllabus, college policy, Collin College Core Values, and Texas Board of Nursing (TBON) Standards.
- Work two days per week teaching in Skills Course and Clinical Course (8 hours per day/12 hours clinical)
- Off-campus and inter-campus travel is required. Teaching assignments may be on one or more of the college's campuses or off-site locations and may include evening and weekend programs. Collin College is not hiring for on-line instruction at this time.
- Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline.
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the Dean of Nursing and VN Program Director.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge and competence in the appropriate academic and clinical disciplines.
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
A minimum of three (3) years of broad-based clinical practice experience. Teaching experience is preferred in the classroom, clinical, skills lab, virtual clinical and simulation labs.
Experience with Microsoft Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Zoom, and other essential AV technology.
Licenses and Certifications:
The candidate must possess an unencumbered Texas RN license.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
ALL applicants (internal and external) applying for faculty positions MUST attach a copy of their qualifying transcripts.Faculty applications that do not have the appropriate transcripts attached will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Please note, our part-time faculty positions are posted based on anticipated need and student enrollment. This position may remain open during the academic year. If the division has a need for additional part-time faculty for a future assignment and you are selected to continue to the next phase of the hiring process, you will be contacted directly by the Associate Dean to schedule an interview.
Employment Type: Part-time Adjunct Faculty
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $51.16 - 60.19
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Nursing Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney