Associate Director of Athletics and Recreation
Assist in the Supervision of the intercollegiate athletics, athletic training, sports information, and recreation programs; and coordinates, schedules, and supervises the use of all outdoor athletic and recreation facilities Duties:
- Serve as an administrative supervisor for the offices of: Mens and Womens Cross Country and Track and Field; Football; Mens and Womens Soccer; Mens and Womens Lacrosse; Athletic Training; Cheerleading; and Dance.
- Oversee the CHAMPS Life Skills program and the Student Athletic Advisory Committee.
- Supervise the budget development and provide the first line approvals for expenditures for Mens and Womens Cross Country and Track and Field; Football; Mens and Womens Soccer; Mens and Womens Lacrosse; Athletic Training; Cheerleading; and Dance.
- Assist in supervision and evaluation of staff including coordinating annual student-coach evaluations
- Assist in the coordination of NCAA rules education programs with the athletic staff
- Shared responsibility for compliance with NCAA and government regulations, including Title IX
- Participates in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Leadership as assigned by the Commissioner
- Coordinate and schedule use of all outdoor athletic and recreation facilities, equipment, and fields by students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community. Work closely with the Office of Campus Facilities to coordinate outside group activities scheduled in these athletic facilities to ensure that contracts are developed and College interests are protected.
- Assists Admission Office with the recruitment of student athletes
- Coordinate the use of equipment and laundry facilities including video equipment and other equipment used by all programs
- Develop purchasing plan for commonly used equipment to negotiate the best price and delivery
- Supervise student employees working with athletic and recreation facilities and equipment
- Shared responsibility for oversight of the annual sports banquets for all sports
- Assist the Director of Athletics with the management of home athletic contests
- Maintains current knowledge of latest development in athletics
- Meets weekly with the Director of Athletics
- Serves on college-wide committees as assigned/elected
- Supports the total athletic program
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University
- Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results when needed
Department Director, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Coordinator of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Strength and Conditioning Coordinator, Secretaries, student employees, Student Affairs staff, Admission staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, Registrar, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other members of the College community as well as the local and outside community Supervision Exercised:
Coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Coordinator of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, secretaries, and student employees Supervision Received:
Works under general direction toward a broadly defined objective; Director of Athletics
Master's degree or equivalent preferred Experience:
University athletic administration, college coaching, or equivalent experience.
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Specialized Training:
First Aid and CPR Skills, Attributes Customer Service:
- Exhibit a "student first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student and departmental needs and expectations; anticipate and identify student and departmental needs
- Demonstrate a high energy, enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office or University goals
- Willingly assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Athletics and Recreation area and Student Affairs Divisionas required during high service demand times
- Demonstrate an ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty, and co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, public speaking, and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office and CARS
Standing or sitting in one position for long periods; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with constant service interruptions; high level customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work; operating VCR, computer, camcorder, copier, fax, University vans for the team and other transportation
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati