Student Activities and Leadership Coordinator
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Campus Activities, the Student Activities and Leadership Coordinator serves on the Campus Activities team and plays an integral part in creating a healthy, engaged, and flourishing student community. The Coordinator plays a primary role in creating and executing innovative and diverse campus-wide programs that will attract a variety of students, including advising the student programming board as they plan different events and activities throughout the year. In partnership with the Student Organizations and Leadership Coordinator, this position will oversee the development of a comprehensive student leadership program for both individual students and student organizations. While in Campus Activities in Student Life, this position works closely with a variety of campus partners to build programs that help students thrive.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
Supervise/Advise the Tigers Entertainment Board:
- Select and train the student board on an annual basis
- Meet weekly with the board’s leadership team and attend the board’s weekly meetings
- Lead a biannual retreat to plan for each semester’s event calendar
- Advise the board on every program and event, from planning to implementation to assessment and evaluation
- Oversee and manage the board’s budget
- Facilitate contracts and agreements with outside vendors, bands, entertainers, etc.
Plan, implement, and assess campus-wide traditions and events, including but not limited to:
- Orientation/welcome week activities
- Homecoming (Homecoming court, campus-wide concert)
- Reading Day and exam week programs
- Weekly movies, indoor and outdoor (when appropriate)
- Campus Activities traditional “thank you card” events
Student Leadership Development:
- Perform a student-wide needs assessment for leadership development and programming
- Utilizing assessment findings and best practices, plan and create an innovative and engaging comprehensive leadership development program for students to include personal and organizational development, values exploration, goal setting, integrity and ethical decision making, etc.
Collaborate with campus partners to build and create a healthy, flourishing campus community:
- Partner with the Area Coordinators in Residential Life for in-hall programming and community building
- Partner with Athletics to create special events for students at athletic events throughout the academic year
- Create other campus partnerships as needed
Play an integral role in holistic student success and flourishing in Campus Activities:
- Help select, train, and supervise Campus Activities work study students
- Event work study students (for movies, other large-scale events)
- Office support work study students
- Athletics/school spirit work study students
- Marketing/PR work study students
Bachelors required; Masters preferred, in a field relevant to higher education/student affairs in combination with educational experience.
Prior experience working with college students/young adults in programming and advising. Event management experience, leadership experience, and prior work in a college setting is beneficial. Previous experience with Engage or a similar platform is preferred.
Job Related Skills:
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and some publishing software. Ability to learn and apply web interface design tools.
Class F Driver’s License TN (or the ability to acquire a TN license)
This position may be exposed to confidential student information from time to time.
This position will work frequent evenings and weekends for event management.
Machines & Equipment Used:
Must be able to drive university vans; lift up to 35lbs and move equipment with care and caution for event setup.
The University of the South, commonly known as Sewanee, comprises a nationally ranked residential College of Arts and Sciences and a School of Theology. The University is strongly committed to the values of intellectual inquiry, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and living and serving in community. Situated on 13,000 acres atop Tennessee’s Cumberland Plateau, Sewanee is known for its stunning natural beauty while providing easy access to Chattanooga, Nashville, and Huntsville. The University is affiliated with the Episcopal Church and seeks to help employees of all backgrounds and identities flourish.
EEO Statement: The University of the South is an equal opportunity educational institution that is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive campus environment.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The
University of the South stands firmly for the principle that its
employees, students, and participants of university-sponsored
programs and activities have a right to be free from discrimination
based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status,
pregnancy and childbirth, and genetic information. As required by
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of
1990 and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008,
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Title IX of
the Education Amendments of 1972, the University does not
discriminate on the basis of sex or other protected categories in
the educational programs or activities which it operates. This
requirement of non-discrimination extends to admission to and
employment in those programs or activities. The University is
committed to sustaining a community in which the dignity of every
individual is respected. Key to this value are efforts to nurture
an environment of civility and mutual respect and to foster a
culture of reporting concerns so that the University can respond
promptly and equitably whenever an incident occurs. All employees,
students, and participants of university-sponsored programs and
activities have the right to be free from harassment and
Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may be addressed to:
The University’s Title IX Coordinator, Dr. Sylvia Gray, at:
Woods Lab, 138
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Andrews
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Andrews
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Andrews
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Andrews