Shipping Coordinator - Library Assistant 2
Library Assistant 2
The Shipping Coordinator (Library Assistant 2) is part of the Interlibrary Loan Unit in the Access and Resource Sharing Department and is responsible for managing mail processing within the unit, updating transaction records in ILLiad, providing customer service to ILL patrons, and serving as a backup to other members of the team.
To support all students, staff and faculty, and foster excellence in a diverse and collaborative society, the Libraries are actively seeking candidates who bring culturally-rich lived experiences to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientation, and perspectives.
Shipping and Receiving
Coordinates all mail processing activities. Trains and supervises students packaging items for shipment to libraries and individuals. Coordinates mail schedule with Facilities. Manages mail projects such as UBorrow courier mail and the shipment of material to distance patrons. Processing of received materials, and working with lenders to resolve issues. Works with UPS on Worldship software issues. Monitors UPS expenses.
Continuously updates the ILLiad status of all items handled by the ILL unit. Processes incoming book and journal volumes borrowed from other libraries or returned by them. Trains and assists with supervision of student students in the preparation of items for patron use (banding). Maintains ILL shelves behind the Circulation desk, putting new items on the shelf and pulling items that are due to be returned. Manually charges out books to patrons.
Assists in ordering books and articles for UF patrons. Searches a variety of databases to verify title and location of requested material. Sends out email to UF patrons regarding the status of their ILL requests, including overdue notices.
Answers the ILL main phone line and assists walk-in patrons. Answers general library questions as well as questions concerning ILL policies and procedures. Works to solve problems with ILL requests by consulting both UF patrons and library staff at lending institutions.
Stays aware of day-to-day changes in unit needs and priorities, adapting workflow as necessary. Seeks to find ways to improve processes within the ILL unit. Assists in documenting procedures, and takes active part in Access and Resource Sharing meetings.
Other Duties as Assigned
Stays current in ILL processes and best practices. Assists other ILL staff members with their primary tasks in Lending and Borrowing as dictated by workload and staffing. Participates on committees, initiatives, and cross-divisional development opportunities such as reference desk and information point.
$15.00; Actual salary will reflect selected professional’s experience and credentials
Minimum Requirements: High School diploma or GED and two years of library or related clerical/customer service experience; or Bachelors degree. Preferred Qualifications:
- Commitment to contributing to a respectful and caring community for all, including individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientation, and perspectives
- Ability to interact pleasantly, effectively and professionally with co-workers and customers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Initiative, flexibility and the ability to adapt to a complex, rapidly changing academic environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities
- Ability to learn Interlibrary Loan services, practice and resources
- Ability to analyze procedures and suggest improvements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively to accomplish goals
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
We value a range of experience and perspectives. Applicants are encouraged to communicate in their application materials and subsequent interview conversations how their work and other experiences satisfy the following qualifications in ways that may not be obvious.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
To apply, submit
- a cover letter detailing your interest in, and qualifications for this position
- your current resume or CV
- a list of three references including their contact information (telephone number and email address)
Apply by June 18, 2021, applications will be reviewed as received. Submit all application materials through the Jobs at UF online application system. If you have any questions or concerns about this process, please contact Tina Marie Litchfield, George A. Smathers Libraries Human Resources Office, at email@example.com .
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge