IT Analyst I
IT Analyst I
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is currently seeking an entry level Business Analyst to join Enterprise Systems, a unit within UFIT. Employment with UFIT provides an excellent opportunity to work with other employees dedicated and focused on understanding and interpreting the technological needs of the University of Florida’s innovative and inspirational community.
Some key responsibilities and characteristics of this position are:
- Familiarity with Person data, Person data collection, and Identity proofing.
- Creative and original, in addition to possessing the ability to improvise and improve existing systems.
- Experience with documenting and communicating effectively.
About UF Information Technology
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communication Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/ .
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is located in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
UF Information Technology is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce and values diversity of thoughts, background, and experience. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people with different backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching, learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution. We welcome applications from individuals who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s vision and mission.
$45,000 - $50,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package. https://benefits.hr.ufl.edu/
Minimum Requirements: Associate’s degree; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Preferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced analyst in IT Service Management, familiar with a matrix organization.
The successful candidate will have exemplary communication skills with an ability to explain complex, highly technical information to non-technical colleagues using clear, simple language.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related field.
- Knowledge of university business operations.
- Knowledge of ERP software applications, and experience with the Huron Research Suite.
To be successful in this position, applicants must:
- Be flexible in work style and able to work in open workspace environment.
- Demonstrate creative thinking skills.
- Possess the ability to improvise and improve existing systems.
Applicants are required to submit the following with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge