Study Coordinator III - UF Health Cancer Center
Clinical Research Coordinator III
The UF Health Cancer Center is currently seeking an experienced senior study coordinator to join our early phase research unit! The Experimental Therapeutics Incubator (ETI) is our premier research unit and focuses on the conduct of early phase trials critical to the advancement of cancer care and aims to offer a wide variety of cutting-edge therapies while providing patients and their families with streamlined, compassionate, and patient-centered care. Our Center stands alone in the state in our unique ability to blend comprehensive patient care and innovative research in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment. The UFHCC has been serving Floridians for over 20 years and invite you to join our talented team!
As a Study Coordinator III in our Experimental Therapeutics Incubator, you will serve as a senior level coordinator and subject matter expert (SME) while collaborate with other coordinators and research staff, investigators, physicians, nurses, and other key personnel in the clinics, hospitals, and at the Cancer Center to ensure compliance with protocol requirements and satisfactory care for patients enrolled on research protocols.
In your new role you will be responsible for the following:
- Oversight, review, and assistance to lower level Coordinators and research staff in the interpretation and assessment of clinical data. Including mentorship and training on a variety of research, study management, and clinical topics related to human subjects research;
- Coordination of relevant care and protocol required testing for subjects enrolled on an assigned portfolio of human clinical trials. This will include a variety of patient focused tasks such as screening, enrolling, and coordinating related care and other relevant tasks, all of which require regular, timely communication with clinic staff, physicians, investigators, other CRO staff, and the subjects themselves, as well as minute attention to detail throughout the conduct of the trial;
- Interpretation and collection of medical and clinical data of potential and existing subjects on assigned clinical trials. It is of the utmost importance that you provide and document accurate study data in accordance with study guidelines and timelines and protect subject privacy in compliance with relevant privacy laws;
- Maintaining compliance with all internal and external regulatory and institutional requirements related to your trials. You will also attend all relevant trainings and meetings including Tumor Boards, monthly educational topics, etc. as required, and provide in-service education related to assigned protocols to ensure study compliance;
- Coordination of all sample collection, analysis, and shipping for assigned trials.
This is a senior level position, ideal for candidates with an established career in oncology clinical research and study coordination. Employees in these roles operate as part of our collaborative research enterprise and are fundamental to the progress of cancer research being conducted at the University of Florida. A complete job description will be provided to candidates selected for interview.
$65,000 - $72,000; Commensurate with Education and Experience.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and three years of experience in appropriate area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional clinical research certification (through SOCRA or ACRP) is required at the earliest of 12 months from hire or eligibility.
As an ideal candidate you will have/be:
- A Master’s Degree in Health Care and/or Basic Sciences and six to eight years of relevant experience and/or training in research and/or oncology preferred;
- Extensive experience with databases and/or subject data;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Outlook, Excel, Word;
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work with a broad range of people including investigators, physicians, clinic and hospital staff, sponsors, partners at other institutions, UFHCC staff, and others;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective, independent, interact professionally, and utilize effective writing and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate understanding and effective use of Emotional Intelligence strategies and skills;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Demonstrate ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Forward-thinking mentality, actively seeking opportunities and proposing creative solutions with strong decision-making capability;
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and critical staff, both internally and externally, through a variety of communication mediums and venues;
- Project manager mindset and basic skills including: delegation, scheduling, communication, critical thinking, task and quality management, risk management, and flexibility.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Applicants must upload a copy of the following documents to be considered for this position:
- Cover Letter or Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- List of Three Professional References
This is a time limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: Yes
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge