Director of Content Strategy
The Director of Content Strategy is a strategic and creative content strategist, responsible for planning, capturing, and articulating the Gettysburg College story. The Director of Content Strategy serves as part of the leadership team in the Communications & Marketing office at Gettysburg College, reporting to the Executive Director of Communications & Marketing. This position helps to establish the conceptual and strategic direction for content development and leads the content production team in creating, integrating, disseminating, measuring, and repurposing content through all College channels, including the magazine, website, social media, and various marketing campaigns. This position also provides strategic counsel, editorial direction, and messaging for the College’s key audiences and stakeholders, including issues as they pertain to Gettysburg College’s brand and reputation. The successful candidate will be both forward thinking in leading the Comunications and Marketing team to think innovatively about the content it produces and distributes, as well as strategic in supporting communications around key issues facing the College and the higher education landscape.
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field and at least seven years of professional experience is required.
The candidate will oversee three members of the Communications & Marketing team. Previous supervisory experience is highly preferred. Gettysburg College seeks candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members
The Director of Content Strategy must have proven analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to work independently and work effectively as part of a team, work on a deadline, ability to manage multiple projects, ability to manage and motivate teams, and experience in marketing to diverse audiences. Excellent interviewing and storytelling skills, superior grammar and writing ability, a data-driven mindset, copy-editing experience, excellent news judgment and enterprise in finding and following up on stories is required.
The primary responsibilities of this position are as
- Serve as an integral part of a communications team that works to fulfill high-level College goals and initiatives related, but not limited, to Gettysburg’s communications and marketing strategy, brand visibility, admissions marketing strategy, development communications, presidential communications, alumni communications, and student, faculty and staff communications.
- Develop and oversee the College’s overarching production and distribution strategy for marketing content; aligning objectives to content decisions through story finding, scheduling, audience segmentation, and performance metrics.
- Serve as editor and oversee the content and production of Gettysburg College Magazine.
- Supervise, support, and guide 3 communications and marketing professionals in fulfilling the editorial and other content responsibilities associated with strategic communications.
- Work in close collaboration with lateral peers, particularly in web, social media, video, and creative services to ensure content is integrated, relevant, and strategic.
- Work in collaboration with the executive director around strategic institutional communications
- Champion the Gettysburg College brand and serve as a campus resource for questions and training on all aspects related to content strategy and content decision making.
- Ensure performance of content is regularly analyzed and make data-informed decisions on content strategy.
- Establish a high standard for writing that can be effectively emulated by the entire campus community to the College’s benefit.
- Ensure the accuracy of all facts and data used in marketing communications.
- Conduct or review research into issues related to the College, its admissions and development goals, and related subjects in higher education. Analyze and apply relevant information, including benchmarking, to shape communications strategy.
Additional qualifications include: professional experience sourcing, producing, scheduling, and measuring multi-channel marketing content; experience working in or writing for an educational institution; experience with social media platforms and/or digital advertising; experience editing and managing the creation of a magazine or other publications; knowledge of and/or experience with graphic design principles; knowledge of and/or experience with visual or audio storytelling; knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) principles; creating content campaigns; optimizing content for conversion.
Please visit our website to submit application materials (cover letter, resume, two professional writing samples in different mediums, and two examples of implemented strategic projects must be submitted) through our new on-line system: https://gettysburg.peopleadmin.com/postings/3726. Application materials must be received by July 2, 2021.
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Gettysburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Gettysburg
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Gettysburg
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Gettysburg