Advancement and External Relations Division
Description of College / Department / Program / Division / Unit
The mission of the UWL University Advancement Division is to strengthen relationships with University stakeholders and manage engagement and fundraising activities to secure resources and support for the University’s mission and vision. Advancement is an integrated function of communications, alumni relations and fundraising which coordinates images, messages and constituency engagement activities to disseminate critical information, create powerful experiences, and offer essential services to key constituencies.
University Communications’ mission is to serve UWL by setting the highest standards for its creative work using the power of words and images to advance its educational mission. The office provides campus news bureau and publication services, web design and development, and social media support. Its primary responsibility is to share information about the UWL with the publics who influence our success including the campus community, alumni and friends, current and prospective donors, and the local and global community our campus serves.
Alumni relations, through the UWL Alumni Association, works to create a lifetime connection with UWL by building and maintaining relationships among students, alumni, friends and the University.
The Development Program, in conjunction with the UWL Foundation, serves to maximize private gift support for the University. We strive for philanthropic results through donor-centered service and student-focused opportunities in order to enhance the academic activities in instruction, research, education and public service."
Founded in 1969, the UWL Alumni Association supports UWL by building and maintaining relationships among students, alumni, friends, and the university. Through the support of dues-paying members worldwide, fundraising activities, and affinity partners, we offer services to all UWL alumni.
The Program Associate will report to the Executive Director. Specific duties include: supporting Alumni Association staff members, accounting functions, data management, monitoring both the 102 budget and the private Association funds, supervise student workers. Provide support for events and other duties as assigned by the supervisor. The 40 hour a week position includes some evenings and weekend hours. The normal work schedule is 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity
• Ability to work effectively with people across multiple levels of the organization
• 3-5 years of accounting experience
• Expertise in using database software
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to manage complex tasks and meet deadlines
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Expertise in using Microsoft Office suite
• Expertise in using email and electronic calendars
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of policies, procedures and protocols of an administrative office
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting
• Knowledge of budget and appropriation structure
• Knowledge of Raisers’ Edge & Financial Edge software
The ability to sit for extended periods of time
Working conditions and environment
Occasional evening and weekend attendance at specific events. Office setting.
Your benefits add an additional 40%+ to the overall financial package from the university.
• 22 days of vacation for 12-month positions (that are non-instructional)
• excellent flexible health insurance with low co-pays and good coverage.
• paid holidays and sick days.
• sick leave may be converted at retirement to pay for health insurance post-work at UWL .
• after 5 years of employment, you become vested in our retirement system which ensures income post-career.
• benefits at UWL are highly competitive with local industry and some of the strongest in state and nation.
Learn more at: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/fasl20.pdf
Benefit eligibility is determined at point of hire. This information is provided for illustrative purposes only. Benefits are also pro-rated based on the appointment percentage.
The University of Wisconsin System and the University of Wisconsin–Madison are engaged in a redesign of job title and compensation structures. The Title and Total Compensation Project will result in relevant and market-informed titles to help us keep and grow our outstanding workforce. If you are the successful candidate, your title is subject to change in November 2021. For more information, visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
These are the job duties required for the position.
Posting Detail Information
Continuous Recruitment First Review Date
Position Contact Name
Position Contact Email
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- Are you currently under investigation or have ever left
employment during an active investigation in which you were accused
of sexual violence or sexual harassment? (Required under UW System
Administrative Policy 1275)
- Were you ever found to have engaged in any sexual violence or
sexual harassment in a previous work assignment? (Required under UW
System Administrative Policy 1275)
- Are you an alum of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse?
- After you retire from a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
employer, you may return to work with a WRS employer as a rehired
annuitant, provided certain requirements are met. There are no
restrictions on what type of position a rehired annuitant can hold.
Under the WRS, there is no limit to how much you may earn as a
rehired annuitant. (Learn more:
Are you currently collecting an annuity from the Wisconsin
Retirement System, (WRS)?
- Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a UW
System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the last
seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
- Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address.
(Pursuant to UW System Administrative Policy 1275, UW System
requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual
violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most
recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and
State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven years. UW-L
will notify you prior to contacting your supervisor).
(Open Ended Question)
- Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for
employment at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse? (UW-L and UW
System institutions pay for some or all of the sponsorship costs.
Some candidates may require an H1B or another form of employment
sponsorship to work in the US. This question is asked so that if
you are the successful candidate, Human Resources can work with
your work unit to begin the process of obtaining this visa).
- Yes, I will require sponsorship prior to employment.
- Yes, I will require sponsorship for continued employment if hired.
- No, I do not require sponsorship and am eligible to work in the US.
- The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identities of finalists must be revealed upon
request. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I wish for my name to remain confidential until the university is no longer able to do so.
- I waive my right to keep my name confidential through the application process.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Financial Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Alumni Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse