Marketing and Communications Specialist
Job Title Marketing and Communications Specialist Posting Number S948P Classification Title
Summary : Position provides client support; campaign planning and project management services that support Online and Professional Studies marketing programs. As a member of the OPS marketing department, the marketing specialist will report to the Director of Marketing and will focus primarily on initiatives that will drive OPS enrollment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist the Director in the research and planning of advertising and lead generation campaigns designed to increase student enrollment.
2. Coordinate day-to-day project planning and deployment with members of the marketing team as well as clients and vendors.
3. Prepare, monitor, and develop reports for department budget.
4. Construct and maintain annual calendar of recurring admissions marketing projects to ensure effective deployment of programs and efficient use of OPS marketing resources.
5. Monitor and report response to and efficacy of marketing projects and programs.
6. Write copy for use in various marketing communications including the OPS website, e-mail, advertisements, brochures, scripts and other types of media.
7. Conduct primary and secondary research to provide insights about market landscape as well as opportunities and threats.
8. Work on multiple concurrent projects while maintaining high standards of excellence, conformity to university graphic standards and positive, cooperative attitude.
9. Meet project deadlines set by the Director and proactively communicate when completion by deadline is in jeopardy.
10. Share and consistently express division’s commitment to express Christ’s attitude of service, excellence, humility and dignity in each interaction with fellow employees, OPS clients and external vendors.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time student workers.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge of basic principles of marketing and communications.
Ability to quickly acquire and analyze market data using both primary and secondary research sources.
Ability to communicate effectively and accurately, both orally and in writing.
Skill with following standard workplace applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.).
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a degree in marketing, communications, english, or related field; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 06/10/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6567 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside