Program Coordinator for Student Leadership (10 Months)
Job Title Program Coordinator for Student Leadership (10 Months) Posting Number S949P Classification Title
The Program Coordinator for Student Leadership oversees the student leadership program, including ASCBU (student government), and provides training-related materials to Student Services personnel regarding issues related to student leadership development. Additionally, this person assists with the various functions performed by the Student Care staff, including contact tracing, deliveries, and follow-up with students of concern.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Oversee the student leadership selection process.
2. Establish and implement para-professional training and year-round development opportunities for student leaders.
3. Establish and implement short-and long-range departmental outcomes, goals, policies, and operating procedures for the Student Leadership program.
4. Assess the effectiveness of the Student Leadership Program and implement changes as necessary.
5. Serve as chair of the Student Leadership Committee.
6. Serve as the Advisor to the ASCBU Executive Council, Student Senate, and ASCBU Judicial Board.
7. Assist in ensuring that ASCBU -sponsored events and elections reflect the Christian values of the institution and meet the needs of a diverse body of students.
8. Manage the Parking Citation Appeal Process.
9. Assist the Associate Dean of Students for Student Care in the caring for the wellbeing of ill or injured students or other students of concern.
10. Provide assistance with the development and implementation of the Graduate Assistant program.
11. Maintain scheduled office hours, with the requirement of a flexible schedule of availability at night and on weekends.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and or one to two years related experience and/or training.
Open Date 06/10/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6570 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside