Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Job Title Aircraft Maintenance Technician Posting Number S952P Classification Title
Qualified candidates must be able to read and interpret Federal Aviation Regulations, Maintenance Manuals, Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, and any specific technical data. The Aircraft Maintenance Technician will assist the Director of Maintenance for a growing Part 141 collegiate aviation flight training program. Ensuring FAA compliance, this individual will assist in conducting all aircraft scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. The Maintenance Technician will maintain organized, up-to-date aircraft logbooks, and have them available for inspection by the Federal Aviation Administration. Ensure aircraft’s inspections/repairs are performed in accordance with the manufacture’s maintenance procedures, FAA Regulations, and that the aircraft is in Airworthiness condition and it meets its Type Design before returning it sto service. The Aircraft Maintenance Technician must posses a valid driver’s license and be a FAA -certified Airframe and Powerplant license holder. The individual must have their own tools to perform any aircraft maintenance. Both A&P license with an Inspection Authorization with a minimum of 5 years or more of experience in General Aviation is preferable. They must be able to perform the following assigned duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Perform all necessary aircraft inspections including, but not limited to: Annual; 100- hour; 50- hour; oil changes.
2. Maintaining aircraft maintenance records per Code of Federal Regulations for each aircraft.
3. Ensuring all aircraft are in airworthy condition and safe for flight after inspections/repairs.
4. Handling all aircraft line squawks in a timely manner.
5. Be reachable by Supervisor or CBU staff should maintenance need arise.
6. Fly to a specific location to assist a student or flight instructor should maintenance need arise.
7. Maintain a supply stock of parts as needed for the aircraft.
8. Maintain an A&P and IA FAA currency requirements.
9. Make timely reports to the Director of Maintenance on aircraft status.
10. Have maintenance records readily available upon FAA request.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Knowledge of general accounting principles.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw a professional conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); an Airframe and Powerplant. Minimum 5 years or more with A&P and/or Inspection Authorized Mechanic Certification desired; and 3 to 5 years of minimum experience with Piper, Cessna, single, and twin engine aircraft.
Open Date 06/10/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6575 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside