Job Title Administrative Assistant Posting Number S954P Classification Title
Under general supervision, provides administrative, project, and executive support to the office of the Vice President for Global Initiatives. Oversees and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the office, and serves as the principal point of administrative contact and liaison with internal and external constituencies. May provide specialist services in the areas of student affairs by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions; coordinates and attends committee meetings.
2. Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office; develops policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
3. Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
4. Manages supervisor’s calendar and independently schedules appointments.
5. Answers and screens Vice President’s telephone calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible.
6. Acts as custodian of corporate documents and records.
7. Maintains division budget and processes weekly requisitions.
8. Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
9. Arranges programs, events, or conferences by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordination speakers, and controlling event budget.
10. Assists the Vice President on specific projects related to the long-term goals of the university, such as strategic planning, fiscal responsibility, and the like.
11. Assists the Vice President with the maintenance of all contracts/agreements including Memorandums of Agreement ( MOU ).
12. Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
13. Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations, both domestic and global.
14. Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings if needed.
15. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
16. Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
17. Coordinate, serve as liaison to internal departments and external agencies, and inform faculty/staff regarding University-related internal activities.
18. Demonstrates a genuine interest in the vision to reach people groups around the world and share the Great Commission.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
Bilingual in an Asian language preferred
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Must be highly organized who is able to remain calm in a fast-paced, environment.
Attention to detail and ability to follow-through with projects a must.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Interest in or travel overseas a plus.
Open Date 06/10/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6580 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside