Visit and Events Specialist
As part of the Admissions Operations Team, this position is the primary point of contact for the practical coordination of all on campus visits; builds and maintains event schedule in Slate and manages changes, special requests, and adjustments as needed. Assists in the supervision of tour guides; provides support for on campus and virtual open house programs; and other duties.
This position is the face of Alfred University and is often the first person prospective students and families encounter. Directly reports to the Visit Events Coordinator and works closely with the Director of Operations. Also supports all counselors with individual events and interviews, both virtual and in person.
- Maintain a professional and welcoming lobby - clean, organized, and well labelled
- Build relationships with offices outside of admissions - including financial aid, faculty members, the president's office, public safety and athletics in order to work across campus to curate the individual visit experience
- Work with the Visit Events Coordinator on the building and maintenance of the events and visits calendar in Slate.
- Work in collaboration with Visit Events Coordinator, the President's office and Alumni Relations on VIP visits or donors and with Human Resources and faculty committees to arrange tours for potential new hires
- Communicate confirmations, cancellations, and changes to scheduled visits to appropriate campus offices
- Make confirmation calls to families with scheduled visits and record or follow up with any changes or concerns
- Communicate with public safety and facilities to ensure that campus is safe and attractive to visitors and that visitors are properly screened and checked in for visits as required
- Stay up to date on all national, statewide, and university wide policies, procedures and processes for visitors on campus including weather closings, travel restrictions and policies etc.
- Provide backup for phone coverage when not working directly with students or families in the office. Transfer calls and take messages as needed
- Additional clerical or administrative support to the operations team as assigned - including updating address information, consolidating duplicate records and data cleanup as needed
- Arrange the drop-off and pick-up of mail daily and sign for packages when needed
- High school diploma required, post-secondary educational experience preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in working in higher education or hospitality settings, specifically in a front desk capacity.
- Experience in an office setting and expertise with handling confidential information required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to customer service
- Strong keyboarding skills/computer literacy/data entry
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong commitment to working with accuracy
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred