The Admissions Counselor will support the Associate Director of Admissions with all phases of the enrollment process, including the recruitment and selection of new students to the University and assistance with office projects.
- Manage a geographic territory. Responsible for meeting established recruitment goals and providing analysis (e . g., statistical reports).
- The Admissions Counselor will become knowledgeable of University programs and proficient in explaining all aspects of the enrollment process. Assist students and families with all aspects of the enrollment process to the University (e.g., college selection process, application review, and financial aid). Communication with prospective students via telephone, email, and written correspondence is expected. Evening work is required.
- Perform recruitment travel. Responsibilities include attending college fairs and performing high school recruitment visits, and coordinating off-campus recruitment events. Evening / weekend work and overnight travel is required.
- Conduct interviews and group information sessions (on-and-off campus). Weekend work is required.
- Review applications and make decisions .
- Attend and assist with recruitment events (e.g., open houses). Weekend work is required.
- Participate in training workshops, staff retreats, and professional conferences. Evening/ weekend work and overnight travel is required.
- The Admissions Counselor will maintain a professional appearance and attitude and will develop and maintain positive relations with office co-workers and the larger University community. Teamwork in the Admissions Office is essential ; job duties may cross lines with other responsibilities in the office.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Successful candidate should have previous experience as a tour guide/ambassador/work study student in a collegiate admission office and experience working in a team setting.
- A valid automobile driver's license is required with ability to travel independently.
- Candidates should have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable/confident speaking in large/small groups and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Candidates must be goal oriented, able to work independently with limited supervision, able to work in a team setting, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to understand and use technology (e.g ., Microsoft Office, social media and email).
- Flexible to work on weekends.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred