KCOM - Physiology Administrative Assistant
A.T. Still University's Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (ATSU-KCOM) is seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Physiology department. The position reports to the Physiology Department Chair. The administrative assistant will provide support to faculty in developing lecture, assignment, laboratory, and exam materials. The individual will develop and maintain computer, on-line, and hard copy filing systems for course material, lecture material, exams, grades, submitted assignments, Graduate Program Committee records, purchase orders, etc. relative to teaching KCOM medical and biomedical students and faculty research. The administrative assistant will be responsible for ordering and maintaining teaching, research, and office supplies and maintenance of purchase records and contact lists and will be responsible for the departmental calendar, scheduling meetings, handling correspondence, answering the phone, and mailing (shipping and receiving).
Major Job Duties
- Prepare, edit, and on-line posting of lecture material, handouts, quizzes, exams, etc. to on-line platforms. Also, create and maintain on-line and hard copy files of said material.
- Record exam and workshop completion grades
- Maintain student records relative to physiology coursework
- Maintain department calendar; teaching, laboratory, and exam schedule; student interview schedule; Biomedical theses defense schedule, etc.
- Graduate Program duties: record keeping, schedule meetings, organize student interviews, and assist in thesis preparation and publication
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining teaching, research, and office supplies and maintenance of purchase records and contact lists
- Comply with FERPA guidelines regarding student records and confidentiality requirements
- Answer and direct phone calls, write and distribute memos, emails, and other correspondence
- Coordinate exam preparation with department faculty and Medical Education department (to include creating, editing, and maintenance of exam files)
- Proctor student written exams
- Conduct end-of-course surveys for the Graduate Program
- Prepare and submit purchase orders, coordinate with purchasing, maintain contacts lists and order logs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college classes relative to software and on-line platforms necessary to complete job duties is preferred
- Familiarity with database, software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), on-line platforms (Google, Canvas, etc.) and calendars, emails
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Experience with software interface platforms is necessary and the ability to learn the specific platforms use at ATSU
- Production of written material including editing
- Communicate and interact with faculty, staff, students, administration consistent with job requirements
- Organize and maintain calendars, schedule, meetings, etc.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Dependable and punctual
- Carry out instruction and fulfill position responsibilities
- Appropriate dress and appearance for job requirements
- Contribute to a positive work environment