Clinical Facilitator - (STA007534)
In conjunction with a clinical learning coordinator, facilitates and monitors clinical placements for undergraduate students within the University of Houston College of Nursing.
- Initiates and updates clinical agreements between the university and clinical agencies.
- Maintains current list of qualified preceptors.
- Tracks and maintains student requirements for clinical placement, and sends requests for placements to preceptors.
- Verifies preceptor credentials, and maintains associated records.
- Develops a plan for on-going communications with preceptors, and monitors student progress through periodic contact with preceptors.
- Sends thank-you letters and Preceptorship Documentation to preceptors; maintains records of APRN student certification pass rate.
- Maintains student records and preceptors� records.
- Establishes and maintains contract adjunct faculty list and evaluations.
- Assists Track Directors and lead faculty with the clinical placement of BSN, MSN, and APRN students.Performs other duties as required.
Associates and 3 years experience required
Nursing certification preferred
Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation of procedures, policies and practices attainable through specific education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a basic knowledge of a professional field is required. An Associate�s degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program of over 18 months and up to 3 years of duration are characteristic of this field. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: Position will be based at UH at Sugar Land.