Job Posting Title
Senior Information Technology Systems/Database Administrator
Los Rios Community College District (District Office)
Information Technology Department
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest,
two-year public college district in California, serving
approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The
District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and
El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties
and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American
River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges.
In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers
educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk
Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of
the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong
communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some
of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake
Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a
great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four
colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is
centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming,
inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students,
employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for
the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and
are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student
population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student
success centered education. Our objective is to help our students
successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to
transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates
degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand
The Senior Information Technology Systems/Database Administrator
Analyst is a senior systems and database administrator who performs
the most complex activities within the scope of the Information
Technology organization and has the deepest technical knowledge in
the assigned areas. Incumbent typically specializes in several
overlapping technical areas and/or has broad overlapping
architectural responsibilities and may manage multiple projects
while also administering several of the most critical production
system components. The Senior Information Technology
Systems/Database Administrator Analyst operates with minimal
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and
a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical
insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional
insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid
holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10
years), and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers
extensive professional development opportunities with the district
and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external
academic studies. You are eligible for the aforementioned benefits
as a regular employee with a permanent assignment of 0.50 FTE or
greater. For the full LRCEA contract agreement, details
In addition to the typical duties of Information Technology
Systems/Database Administrator Analyst I and II;
Operations (including security, performance, problem resolution,
• Administers and has over-sight for all or most District-wide
servers, databases and application software for the most critical
business functions and the largest user communities.
• Performs district-wide capacity planning for all or most
District-wide servers, databases and critical application
• Consults with IT Management to ensure adequate capacity,
performance, and security for all or most District-wide servers,
databases and critical application software.
• Recommends and implements Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to
define agreement between IT and business units or customers for the
most critical business application software areas.
• Maintains knowledge of components outside of direct
responsibilities and works with other IT units (application,
database and infrastructure) to design and maintain overall
security of systems and data.
• Designs and implements Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
plans for the most critical, District-wide business functions,
consistent with IT Management and IT User community
• Manages analysis, application, and migration of patches and
upgrades to the ERM (enterprise resource management system –
PeopleSoft), both in test and production.
• Performs project management for major server, database and
application software upgrades of the most critical business
• Projects typically include complex integration, involving large
staffing across multiple technical layers and technical units, with
significant user impact potential and risk avoidance.
• Monitors all ongoing projects of technical staff in the unit, to
ensure consistency with technical direction.
Organizational Support and Leadership:
• Provides technical leadership to Analyst I & II in same
• Recommends and justifies relevant IT procedures &
• Acts as a focal point for requests, problems, and issues
affecting the unit.
• Leads the planning, design, and implementation of system
architectures for broad, overlapping areas of technology.
• Analyzes and justifies changes and improvements in systems
architecture (server, database and software) to Information
Technology Management for the most critical systems and largest,
• Leads long-range planning and budgeting for the most critical
Information Technology systems (server, database and application
software) and other related areas.
Performs related duties as required.
This position works with the Systems Infrastructure team, which
include design, development, management and administration of
systems, storage solutions, servers, virtual
environments/technologies, information security, Data Management,
and engineering and hardening of desktops, servers, file shares,
applications, and environments. Systems currently used include but
are not limited to: Microsoft Server, Active Directory Exchange,
Azure, Office 365, AWS, Linux, VMWARE, Antivirus, VDI, SAN
/Storage, Antivirus, and ITSM applications. Our current
infrastructure is an AD/Exchange and hybrid cloud environment
(SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day
40 hours per week
1. A Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, management information
systems, engineering or closely related field and six years’
experience directly related to job duties; OR, a Bachelor’s degree
and two years in class of Information Technology Analyst II; OR, a
Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ experience directly related to
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12
months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable
part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent
for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education
Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30
units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified
2. Resume (required)
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
4. Letter of Interest (required)
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating “see resume” on the application will not
have that referenced experience considered for minimum
qualifications, which may lead to the application being
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as unofficial transcripts. It is the responsibility of Los
Rios Community College District employees to also provide
unofficial transcripts if required in the minimum qualifications
for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees
are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the
minimum qualifications for the position).
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States
must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees,
and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators. For additional information on Foreign
click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
$8,713.55 per month LRCCD
Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
| Please visit our
Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on
how to apply online with our District. Application services are
available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you need assistance with any phase of the application process,
please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and
proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional
qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur
during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a
requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from
the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime