Campus Safety Officer
Campus Safety Officer
Job ID: 5839
Appointment: Regular, full time (1.0 FTE)
Join our team of dedicated officers and take advantage of the following benefits:
- Currently offering a popular 4/10 work schedule
- Shift differential pay for evening and night shifts
- Paid vacation, personal business appointment leave, and
personal floating holiday
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays and campus bonus days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Education Benefits - Full tuition remission for employee and
after five years this may apply to spouse, domestic partner, and
dependent(s). See Summary of benefits for full details.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Access to university facilities and entertainment (fitness,
pool, library, concerts, and lectures)
- Beautiful campus and work environment
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For a complete list of offerings, please visit: https://www.pugetsound.edu/files/resources/final_summary-of-2021-benefits-for-non-exempt-staf.pdf
Position Summary: Campus Safety Officers work collaboratively with Security Services team members and others to promote a safe environment and protect the welfare of Puget Sound students, faculty, staff and campus visitors. They perform a variety of tasks that assure and enhance the safety of the Puget Sound campus and its members.
Campus Safety Officers patrol campus; monitor the physical safety of campus buildings and grounds; provide courtesy escort services; and make referrals and offer a range of assistance to campus members. Campus Safety Officers remain alert to suspicious activities, investigate disturbances, provide first-line response for reported irregularities and emergency situations, support security for special events, and complete incident reports and other security related documentation.
Campus Safety Officers provide leadership and training to part-time student staff members working within the Security Services department and support the success and safety of all Puget Sound students consistent with the university's mission and values. Campus Safety Officers are active members of the Puget Sound community and serve as promoters of a welcoming and inclusive culture.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 year work experience in safety/security services/loss
prevention/Military or similar
- Must demonstrate good judgment
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications or ability to obtain
within 6 months upon hire.
- Valid Washington state driver's license
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings,
nights, weekends and holidays is required.
- Ability to work independently, and approach others in a
professional, respectful, and polite manner
- Must be able to follow written and verbal
- Follow and enforce campus COVID-19 policies
- Experience in safety and security in higher
- 2 years' work experience in safety/security services
- 6 months work/volunteer experience providing customer
- AA degree or equivalent related to security or
Compensation and Benefits: Pay rate for this position is $18.25 per hour + DOE.
Application Deadline: To apply online, please visit: https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HR92PRD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=2&JobOpeningId=5839&PostingSeq=1
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, driving abstract, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.