University of Idaho
Col of Agricultural & Life
$18.79 per hour or higher depending on
The individual in this position will conduct complex secretarial,
office administration, and public relations assignments to provide
support for faculty, staff and students in Soil and Water Systems
(SWS). Support teaching programs by coordinating with department,
college, university, and Washington State University offices to
prepare, organize and submit all coursework schedules and programs,
including curricular changes and distance education. Assist faculty
with the timely review and acceptance of graduate students,
including the drafting of acceptance letters. Track graduate
student evaluations and assist graduate students with required
forms and important dates/deadlines. Prepare departmental
newsletter and maintain departmental website and social media
accounts. Prepare and submit reports to both university and outside
sources. Support research and Extension activities by assisting
with the planning and hosting of events, communication to
stakeholders and working with vendors. Coordinate position searches
and work with other university offices to ensure proper procedures
during hiring process. Assist faculty in following university and
college guidelines in submitting paperwork and ensure that all
deadlines are met. Maintain a welcoming and professional office
environment that fosters excellence and achievement.
• One (1) year of experience providing administrative support in a
fast-paced setting with little supervision that requires excellent
time management and organization.
• Experience using computer software and applications for word
processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
• Experience crafting and examining office documents and
data/reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Experience processing financial transactions and adhering to a
• Experience in interpreting, applying and explaining complex
information such as regulations, policies or services.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in office management, business
or a related field OR 3-5 years’ experience providing
• Experience with UI Banner system including Human Resources and
Student modules, VandalWeb, Chrome River, and Argos.
• Experience supervising others to accomplish goals and
• Experience in a position where interaction with students and
faculty was a primary function.
• Knowledge of higher education academic rules, regulations,
procedures, curriculum, and graduation requirements.
• Ability to independently solve problems and perform liaison
activities in a work setting.
• Self-motivated, able to meet multiple deadlines, flexible, and
good at conflict resolution.
• Team player with excellent verbal and written communication
skills and excellent customer service skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative