University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.79 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The individual in this position will conduct complex secretarial, office administration, and public relations assignments to provide support for faculty, staff and students in Soil and Water Systems (SWS). Support teaching programs by coordinating with department, college, university, and Washington State University offices to prepare, organize and submit all coursework schedules and programs, including curricular changes and distance education. Assist faculty with the timely review and acceptance of graduate students, including the drafting of acceptance letters. Track graduate student evaluations and assist graduate students with required forms and important dates/deadlines. Prepare departmental newsletter and maintain departmental website and social media accounts. Prepare and submit reports to both university and outside sources. Support research and Extension activities by assisting with the planning and hosting of events, communication to stakeholders and working with vendors. Coordinate position searches and work with other university offices to ensure proper procedures during hiring process. Assist faculty in following university and college guidelines in submitting paperwork and ensure that all deadlines are met. Maintain a welcoming and professional office environment that fosters excellence and achievement.
• One (1) year of experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced setting with little supervision that requires excellent time management and organization.
• Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
• Experience crafting and examining office documents and data/reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Experience processing financial transactions and adhering to a budget.
• Experience in interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in office management, business or a related field OR 3-5 years’ experience providing administrative support.
• Experience with UI Banner system including Human Resources and Student modules, VandalWeb, Chrome River, and Argos.
• Experience supervising others to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Experience in a position where interaction with students and faculty was a primary function.
• Knowledge of higher education academic rules, regulations, procedures, curriculum, and graduation requirements.
• Ability to independently solve problems and perform liaison activities in a work setting.
• Self-motivated, able to meet multiple deadlines, flexible, and good at conflict resolution.
• Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002849P
Posting Date: 06/08/2021
Closing Date: 7/6/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.