Number of Vacancies:
Scope of Job:
To assist in the operation of a program or multiple projects,
exercising independent judgment and authority as required.
Responsible for managing, coordinating, and overseeing different
programs and projects to meet defined departmental goals.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates program to ensure that implementation and prescribed
activities are carried out in accordance with specified
• Supervises and manages the day-to-day activities and personnel of
the assigned program.
• Develops and supervises the implementation of multiple projects
• Reviews thesis and dissertations and maintains database of
• Coordinates the various activities of the program.
• Participates in Graduate College official functions.
• Keeps updated records and reports of activities and recommends
modifications to methods or procedures as required.
• Drafts brochures, letters, agendas, and contracts.
• May attend meetings, conferences, and seminars related to the
program’s mission and goals.
•Facilitates educational workshops, meetings, and presentations
associated with the program.
• Provides appropriate reports as required for the project or
• Provides ongoing staff development, on site demonstrations and
field based experiences related to project or program.
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with
internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations
associated with and/or receiving benefit from the program.
• May coordinate and conduct activities of the program.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited university
• Three (3) years of experience performing closely related duties,
including program planning/coordination or related experience
working with graduate students in graduate admissions, or graduate
• One (1) year of the required experience with a Master’s degree,
• Five (5) years of the required experience with an Associate
Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Seven (7) years of the required experience with a High School
Diploma or equivalent.
As specified for the particular job.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties.
Normal office or classroom or outside environment. Some travel and
weekend work is required. Particular project or program may require
ability to drive a car for local or distant travel for
consultation, training, meetings, or on site demonstrations. Must
be able to bend, stoop, reach and lift for retrieving/maintaining
files and for setting up multimedia equipment. Must be able to move
between buildings, offices and classrooms.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff,
students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication
skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Independent decision
making and problem solving ability. Must demonstrate effective
project promotion skills, and, the ability to develop and maintain
strong working relations with internal and external agencies and
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all
individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In
accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights
act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is
committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures
non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities,
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any
confidential information from the documents you attach with your
application. The confidential information includes the
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to
submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding
your application to the department as per your submission. The
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to
discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date
of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three
(3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at
for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is
subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background
check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval
from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28656