Leadership Coach - Educational Policy Studies
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) provides the full spectrum of clinical, educational and research activities to our surrounding vibrant and multicultural community. UIC abuts the beautiful city of Chicago and its many amenities. The Department of Educational Policy Studies within the College of Education has an exciting opportunity.
The Department of Educational Policy Studies is seeking a dynamic motivated professional to meet the demands of a growing Urban Education Leadership program(UELP). We are seeking qualified applicants for a full-time (100%) Leadership Coach position. The Leadership coach routinely works with our primary partner, the Chicago Public Schools, in principal development. This position supports aspiring principals in their efforts to obtain school leadership positions as well as supports novice principals in their first 1-3 years of service.
- Coach aspiring and novice principals by engaging in regular school-based coaching visits and providing feedback to develop the transformational leadership practices of residents and novice principals.
- Develop principal’s ability to analyze and communicate evidence that supports advanced adult learning at the school site to develop their leadership skills in building relational trust, developing specific strategies for engaging stakeholders in improving school climate and culture, and in creating and sustaining leadership teams for improving educational outcomes.
- Collaborate with academic faculty and researchers in the continuous improvement of the integration of theory and practice in the UIC program.
- Troubleshoot to assist students in addressing professional challenges in school sites.
- Advise students on academic program and its integration with professional experiences.
Perform other related duties and participate in special project as assigned.
- Qualified applicants must have minimum of a Master’s Degree required; in Educational Leadership or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in urban education leadership Experience as a highly successful instructional leader and administrator in an urban setting required.
- Demonstrated ability to substantially improve student achievement in previously low-performing urban schools.
For full consideration, interested candidates must submit a letter of interest with their CV by June 25, 2021 to https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=147027. Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of the Chicago Public School system.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University’s Board of Trustees and are made contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of any criminal background checks and other pre-employment assessments that may be required for the position being offered. Additional information regarding such pre-employment checks and assessments may be provided as applicable during the hiring process.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Lawn
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Lawn
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Lawn
- Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Lawn
- Education Administration & Leadership Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oak Lawn