Manager of Accounts Payable and Receivables
Otis College of Art and Design
Manager of Accounts Payable and Receivables
Los Angeles, CA (Westchester)
Open Until Filled
The Manager of Accounts Payable and Receivables is responsible for the operations, activities and customer service of the Finance Services Office in the areas of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables serving our vendors, students, faculty, staff, and Otis community. This position reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Finance/Controller and supervises Accounting Assistants.
Essential Duties Summary
• Assist in the review, analysis, implementation, process improvement and prospective outsource of the accounts payable and accounts receivables functions to automate processes and enhance customer service.
• Perform operations and activities related to accounts payable, cashiering and the related accounting, banking, and customer assistance; schedule and monitor work flow; provide training to employees, including students; supervise and participate in the performance evaluation of assigned staff.
• Ensure the accurate and timely management of accounts receivables and accounts payable aging and monthly reconciliation of subledger to general ledger.
• Direct accurate recording of all transactions that are made using CASHNet cashiering.
• Manage proper recording of all e-payment transactions and SMARTPAY transactions. Reconcile all clearing accounts associated with cash entries, on-line student payments and credit card receipts. Record credit card fees and ensure all transactions are recorded and reconciled.
• Process accounts payable function on a daily basis; provide training and guidance as necessary; oversee annual 1099 reporting and filing.
• Administer College credit card program including processing applications for cards, managing web based administration system including establishing purchasing controls and limits on cards, assigning web access to card holders and monitoring card holder compliance to College policies and procedures.
• Manage relationship with College office supply vendor and administer web based procurement of office supplies by department, including establishing controls over ordering by users.
• Prepare and file College sales and use tax return.
• Assist with various financial analysis and internal reporting, including annual financial statement and A-133 audit preparation and coordination.
• Initiate and process journal entries and finance entry uploads.
• Back up for post award grants and contracts, which includes; performing on-line draws and quarterly reporting using DOE and other websites or sending external invoices and doing appropriate accounting entries.
• Assist with the implementation, testing and maintenance of Banner finance. Work closely with Information Systems personnel to explore new Banner functions or to resolve complications.
• Implement policies and procedures; make recommendations to improve productivity, quality and efficient delivery of services; participate in the development of policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships within a diverse and multicultural environment. Work with staff as a team leader to provide high quality, efficient and exceptional service.
• Maintain safe work conditions and comply with established safety policies, practices, procedures and requirements.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. Must be responsive to work-related phone calls and emails during non-business hours on occasion.
• Experience with accounting methods and procedures related to specialized accounts such as those involving cash receipts and accounts payable, including tax filing.
• Thorough knowledge of banking practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of electronic cash receipt and disbursement processing, including recording transactions into the GL and reconciliation.
• Experience with integrated financial software packages with preference for Banner, a Ellucian ERP.
• Proficient in the interpretation and translation of regulatory requirements into proposed new/revised policy and procedures.
• Demonstrated problem solving, decision-making and analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
• Ability to supervise, coach, lead and develop the operations and activities of assigned operational area and staff.
• Exhibits a strong customer service orientation for all levels of College constituencies and members of the public.
• Ability to take appropriate steps to promote and sustain effective working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
• Understanding of departmental goals and how they fit with college-wide goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
• 5+ years management operations of a business office function (preferably in a higher education, or non-profit environment), including accounts payable, cashiering and banking and supervision of others.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must apply via our website at https://otis.simplehire.com/postings/1758 to be considered for the position.
Otis College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic which may be specified by law or college policy.