Assistant Professor - Animal Science - Veterinarian
The State University of New York College of Agriculture and
Technology at Cobleskill is an accredited polytechnic college that
is primarily baccalaureate and residential. SUNY Cobleskill is one
of few institutions in the United States where an undergraduate
student may also choose to earn an associate degree. The College
has an enrollment of approximately 2,500 students in
59 programs divided into two schools, Agriculture and Natural
Resources; Business and Liberal Arts & Sciences. An economic
engine for rural New York, SUNY Cobleskill is home to a wide array
of extended learning and professional development
Modeling experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing small classes, excellent facilities, and a hands-on learning environment. Whether students plan to further their education or begin their professional careers, they graduate with the foundation to pursue their goals and to succeed.
SUNY Cobleskill sets the standard for applied education that extends theory into practice. We cultivate our students to positively affect the cultural, economic, natural and technological forces in their lives. In pursuit of our mission, we strive to honor our history, teach by doing, forge pathways for success, think globally and across disciplines, cultivate sustainability, embrace and support our community, and promote personal growth.
The Department of Animal Science in the School of Agriculture and Natural Resources at SUNY Cobleskill seeks a talented and innovative veterinarian to join the faculty team as an Assistant Professor. The Animal Science department enrolls over 500 students and offers hand-on course work utilizing cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, horses and dogs housed on campus. Offering both associate and bachelor's degree programs, SUNY Cobleskill seeks applicants committed to experiential learning who enjoy teaching a variety of courses. The successful candidate will teach and advise undergraduate students and will be expected to bring specialized veterinary expertise to the instructional programs of the department, leading efforts in professional preparation of students pursuing careers in veterinary medicine. The incumbent will also work with college farm managers and provide care to various livestock animals, mentor student clubs/organizations, and work with state organizations and animal producers Faculty are also expected to collaborate in the development and delivery of coursework, assist in curricular development, assessment and revision, and participate in service, scholarship and professional development activities.
- DVM degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- Three years clinical work experience
- Must be eligible to obtain a NYS Veterinary license by the date of hire
- Must maintain NYS licensure throughout the duration of employment at SUNY Cobleskill
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to instruct and/or co-teach a variety of courses,
including but not limited to:
- Equine Health
- Ruminant Health
- Canine Health
- Animal Pathology
- Animal Anatomy & Physiology
- Animal Ethics & Welfare
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
- College-level teaching experience
- Livestock animal management skills/experience: equine, dairy or beef cattle, small ruminant, etc.
- Livestock animal clinical experience: necropsy/pathology, herd health, ultrasound-guided pregnancy diagnosis, embryo transfer, etc.
- Interest in canine health, nutrition and/or training
- The position is a full-time, tenure-track, 12-month appointment at the Assistant Professor level.
- The start date for this position is August 2021.
- The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $70,000.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
- This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and ensuring equal educational and employment opportunity and access to services, programs and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation during the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Office at (518) 255-5514.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNY Cobleskill's Tile IX Coordinator is Erica Hoerz, who can be contacted via phone at 518-255-5229, email at email@example.com, or mailing address of SUNY Cobleskill, Title IX Coordinator, Bouck Hall Room 126A, Cobleskill, NY 12043.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found. Priority is given to applications submitted by July 1, 2021.
A complete application consists of the following:
1. Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position
responsibilities, and college values
2. Current CV or Resume
3. Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references, preferably former supervisors
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cobleskill
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cobleskill
- Veterinary Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cobleskill
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cobleskill
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cobleskill