• Establishes and facilitates the library's place in the University Community as an attractive and welcoming service center.
• Sustains a collection development policy and acquires print and online resources in accordance with that policy.
• Provides instruction to students to facilitate their efforts in accessing library resources and discerning the quality of resources upon which they rely.
• Serves as the key liaison to the administration in formulating, communicating, and carrying out policies and budgets.
• Maintains an environment conducive to study and research.
• Assists students and faculty with research undertakings.
• Hires, supervises and assesses library personnel.
• Prepares the budget in conjunction with the Associate Provost and controls expenditures.
• Generates policies and procedures for the library.
• Provides direction in the integration of appropriate and emerging technologies.
• Provides strategic vision and leadership for the library; communicates vision and goals to the larger University community.
• Provides reference assistance to students and faculty.
• Represents the library in professional library associations statewide.
• Collaborate with various members of the University Community in establishing goals, objectives, and customer service benchmarks for the library.
• Sustains the obligations of being a Responsible Employee and Campus Security Agent under Title IX and the Clery Act.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: MLS or MLIS degree required.
Experience: At least 4 years of college library experience.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities: Familiarity with library resources and with information literacy software and tools is important. Ability to meet the informational needs of local and distant faculty and students is important. Ability to work independently and have flexible hours is preferred. The University Librarian must also have solid communication, organizational and leadership skills such that the person in this position will be able to work with and provide conducive research and study space and resources for the broad range of users.