Assistant Professor of Reading - School of Education
The School of Education is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse, inclusive, and socially just community. We are seeking applications from individuals who share this commitment. The successful candidate for this position will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in reading pedagogy, as well as develop and maintain collaboration(s) with local school systems. These courses serve students enrolled in elementary, early childhood, special education, and secondary education majors. Additionally, this candidate will teach courses in both graduate reading and special education certification programs. This position will support department reading coordinator duties and Foundations of Reading test preparation for future test takers for initial teacher license. Likewise, this position will provide necessary support for the Elementary Methods Block and Integrated Curriculum Block both of which are integral to the success of the School of Education and makes UWSP a nationally recognized program for recruitment and retention. Other responsibilities will involve department service activities, advising, mentoring and professional development. This position may include student teacher supervision. This is a nine-month academic year appointment. Summer teaching may be available.
-Earned doctorate in Reading/Literacy or Educational Leadership. ABD considered.
- Experience and study in Reading Instruction and/or leadership
- Demonstrated ability to teach/implement research-based literacy best practice for all diverse populations and grade levels in a variety of educational settings
- Three (3) years full-time successful teaching experience in public/private PK-8 schools
- Earned 316 Reading Teacher and 17 Reading Specialist License(s)
- Experience in collaborative and/or inclusionary settings
- Demonstrated commitment to reflective teaching practices
- Experience and evidence of success with college level instruction
- Experience and evidence of success with online college level instruction
- Knowledge of Common Core Reading/Literacy Standards and RtI
To apply, click on the appropriate link within the position announcement on the UW-Stevens Point HR job vacancy website: http://www.uwsp.edu/hr/jobs/Pages/
Required application materials listed within the position announcement.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point