Blue Bell, PA
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Assistant Bursar position. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the successful collection activities of the College’s student accounts receivables. This position is responsible for the effective management and development of the day-to-day operational activities in the Bursar’s Office. This position also oversees the recording and posting of all incoming payments, including 3rd party payments, to the College. As the lead contact for all the daily processes and procedures of the Bursar’s Office, the position is knowledge is many technologies related to the cash management, and in particular TouchNet. This position must demonstrate solid professional demeanor and business skills. This position will also serve as the main back-up to the Bursar for all related processes, requests and questions.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related Business degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years of directly applicable experience.
- PC proficient in use of spreadsheet & word processing software, /Excel/Word required.
- Familiarity with on-line data entry techniques and a computerized accounting system.
- Must accept a work schedule to be available to supervise evening cashiers and cashiers during peak registration and payment periods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications, Colleague , Touchnet Bill and Payment System, and Ellucian Elevate
- Excellent administrative, oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations and stressful situations.
- Flexible schedule during peak registration and payment periods, and as necessary to ensure appropriate coverage and supervision.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of nine “2020 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunities Closing date for applications is 6/29/2021.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.