Professor/Program Professor in Marriage and Family Therapy
Manhattan College (MC), located in New York City, has a New York approved graduate program in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT). The program has been approved since 2016. The program resides in the graduate department of Counseling, and Therapy, and educates and trains clinicians in the profession. It is grounded in Manhattan College’s Lasallian mission to serve the needy and advocate social justice. The vision includes studying, understanding, and developing the skills for providing therapy grounded in family dynamics and based on an integration of a contextual, cultural and relational perspectives. The department seeks a visiting professor, who will act as program director for the academic year in the MFT program. The position may be at the assistant, associate, or full professor level. A Search for a full time tenure – track will take place during the 2021-2022 year; the visiting professor will be eligible to apply for that position. Review will begin on May 15 but remain open until the position is filled. The expected start-up date is August, 2021.
Reports to: Chair; Dean of (SoEH)
Supervises: Graduate Students in the Program and some adjunct faculty.
Duties as Program Director will include
1. Overseeing the MFT program; the development, supervision, and coordination of internships sites.
- Teaching courses in MFT and other areas in the Department
- Engaging in research, publication and college service
- Teaching, advising, and supervising students in MFT
Participation in related professional organizationsQualifications:
Must have earned doctorate in MFT or closely related field (Ph.D. Psychology with MFT exposure; PhD in Mental Health with MFT exposure)
- Experience in graduate teaching
- Experience in MFT or related experience in counseling or therapy
- Hold license in MFT in New York State or licensure in another state with reciprocity; if not MFT license - License in MHC or Psychology NY State
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition. We expect our faculty, administration, and staff to be knowledgeable about our mission and to make a positive contribution to the mission. Applicants from historically under-represented segments of the population are encouraged to apply, as well as those attracted to a college with a Catholic identity. We are committed to a diverse campus community. AA/EO Employer M/F/D/V
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bronx
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bronx
- Counsellor Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bronx
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bronx
- Psychology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bronx