Medical Technologist (AAB)
The Center for Comparative Medicine provides for the care, health and well-being of all research animals used in the pursuit of scientific achievement and excellence at Baylor College of Medicine. CCM provides the highest quality veterinary and animal care and acts as a resource for the faculty on veterinary and scientific issues relating to the use of laboratory animals. This position provides routine animal care and handling for a diverse group of small research animals according to established procedures and standards. With minimal supervision, this position provides skilled laboratory bench work. The primary work environment includes a research laboratory. This position will also be responsible for limited supervisory duties, including limited direction and oversight of work.
- Performs Microbiology testing
- Performs DNA extraction
- Conducts Serum Chemistry Analysis
- Completes blood counts
- Conducts Parasitology analyses
- Inputs data into computerized databases
- Assists in collecting data for QA/QC reports
- Responsible for maintenance of laboratory equipment and inventory
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, CLS, Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Certified by either ASCP, AMT, HEW, or board eligible or equivalent.
- Previous work in Lab Animal Medicine.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.